Get $50 (or more) - very little effort.

Seeker

I've been somewhat reluctant to start this thread - might cause trouble, but, here goes.

Referrals.  Everybody knows how they work.  Refer someone to a product or service and get a little kickback bonus.

I've had a few and used a few.  

The latest one that I've been presented is from Simplii Financial.  This started as PC Financial and is the low-cost internet arm of CIBC.  Their latest referral bonus is $50 to the new client when they open an account and $125 to the person who referred them!  The new client must deposit $100 and leave it there for 30 days.  The beauty of this is when you daisy-chain it through the family.  I was a Simplii customer and I referred my wife - she got $50 and I got $125.  My wife then referred our daughter who got $50 and then my wife got $125.  Every referral pays out $175.  IDK but seems worth the effort.  Aside from that Simplii is a good banking option and I have begun to use it (I guess that's their plan and it works).

Here's the link:  https://blue.mbsy.co/6tLvfm

Eligible accounts are chequing, savings, line-of credit and credit card.

Been with Simplii since they started as PC Financial. 

Love the no fees!  That and the fact that you use CIBC ATM's.  They have the most across the country and they are best placed, imho.

As well, if you ever have to phone into their customer service, I have never had to wait a long time and they are quick and efficient!