A Suburban diesel, for Eddy?

Mitch Cronin

Yessir, she's for sale all right!

Old 1988, 6.2l diesel Sub., 215,000 k (or thereabouts) - and folks, for a diesel, that's only about half life! Runs like a charm, body work was done to hide the ugly stuff just before I bought it 2 years ago... ugly stuff still pretty much hidden, so it looks good... (if you like brown?)

- towing package (class 3(?) hitch) - easily hauls a 4000 lb trailer without noticing!

- good batteries (stolen from my 99)

- new (two years ago) fuel tank

- glow plug control removed from the "auto" brainbox that was reportedly unreliable, and moved to a manual switch.

- "Crown" oil sprayed... sitting in garage...

As is... ( I reckon it's fit to certify, but I'm not paying to do it!)... $4000, obo.

I just need to swallow my - whatever it is I need to swallow to break down and advertise it somewhere...  cool26.gif  I hate selling things.

Well, I guess you swallowed it. What was it anyway? I suppose advertising it here isn't as stressful as in an Auto Trader magazine or something equally intimidating. tongue.gif We are so, so tolerant on this forum. biggrin.gif

K

Oh well... I guess Eddy isn't interested...

There's a few reasons I hate selling things... especially cars, or boats... You do your best to be honest about what's what, and since most folks are used to the seller hiding something, or being less than honest, they presume you're asking more than it's worth, right off the bat. I once sold a boat with a brand new Mercruiser 5.7 litre (had just finished the 50 hrs of break-in) ...New $1500 top... nice boat, I asked 12 grand (I had about 20 into it, but needed money)... A guy calls me and wants to know my "bottom line"... being a stupid honest fellow, and since the phone had woken me up, I wasn't on my toes, ...I tell him I have to get 9 or I'm not selling it. He shows up and offers me 8,750! mad.gif

This truck will probably easily sell for 5 grand with a smart seller... but not me...

I'll wait 'til my wife pushes me to sell it hard, then I'll get hosed, or I'll wait until a friend offers me something between a song and a bath. laugh.gif

Well, you answered my question Mitch. I see that it is gall you swallow when you decide to break down and advertise things for sale. Trouble is, you're not supposed to swallow it.

Your temerity and audacity are supposed to burst forth, stunning potential buyers into believing that if they don't buy your wares, they will be doomed to a life of miserable desperation. You want Eddy to believe that without your Suburban diesel in his garage, he will be forever yearning after old brown trucks. He should weep with anguish knowing he dosen't have a manual glow plug control, a 2 year old fuel tank and almost new batteries.

But you're just an ol' softie, aren't you? Eyes get sort of big and round and helpless looking when someone makes an offer (having not swallowed their gall). Well, welcome to the club! Membership is free and no handles or minimum attendance at meetings required. laugh.gif (Rum occasionally permitted...) wink.gif

K

Softie? Me?

Yep... I told you, I'm a sap... hopeless... I still have to fight off the tears when I see pictures of Lady Di... or hear huge groups of kids singing... or watch the tragic bits in movies...

Gall? I have it in spades when I see red about wrong or have a need to speak truth... (or think I see truth... whether right or wrong... often wrong huh.gif )

But when it comes to the slimier side of gall... I'll die broke, but I'll have a smile on my face. biggrin.gif

I'll bet there's a bunch of 'em around Calgary wink.gif, but sorry, not mine... I'm just outside the big smoke, or hogtown, or whatever it is you cowtown folk call this horrible city nowadays. cool.gif

However.... I could be persuaded to deliver? biggrin.gif

Archived