Please.......

Kip Powick

I think all of us, at one time or another, have posted something that was erroneous or perhaps posted  when the fingers were faster than the brain and eventually "regret" trumps the rationale for the post and one decides to withdraw their post even though others may have posted comments following the errant post.

It follows then that the author of the "regretful" post scrambles back to the topic thread and deletes his/her  post..........which is fair ball.....

However where it gets really awkward for other members who may peruse the thread later is that   the flow of conversation tends to make no sense when references are made to a post that has been ENTIRELY deleted.

PLEASE...PLEASE...I would like to suggest that if you decide to DELETE a posting that has posts following YOUR post, how about just going into the thread and EDIT your post (highlight and delete all your comments) and then add the comments  POST DELETED and SAVE your  post ??

Obviously if your post is the last post in the thread you can just delete it and carry on !!!

The procedure I have suggested makes it mush easier for the reader to follow the thread even with POST DELETED inserted in a thread.shaking hands.gif

On 2017-01-25 at 10:40 AM, Kip Powick said:

PLEASE...PLEASE...I would like to suggest that if you decide to DELETE a posting that has posts following YOUR post, how about just going into the thread and EDIT your post (highlight and delete all your comments) and then add the comments  POST DELETED and SAVE your  post ??

Yeah, you could do that but even better is if you can edit your post to make the guys who posted after you look like crazed lunatics!   :thumbup:

Archived