Washington Corp. and Glacier Capital ?

Mitch Cronin

I received a request this morning from a fellow who asked, very nicely, if I would kindly post this query here, in hopes that someone might be able to help him out....

"I work for Western Express Airlines, and came after a few years of trying to get on with them. The problem, while I knew Westex was always kind of touch and go financially, we filed for CCAA in June, and have been there since. It’s a long, complicated story, but to make it short, a bank had majority ownership of Westex and had put in a CEO and locked out the old owner/pres and some other mgmt people in July. Then, the bank tried to end the company in CCAA – The old owner, David Oliver, came back with investors last week and apparently prevented the company from shutting down ( we were told we had come within 2 hrs of losing our jobs). He and the old mgmt have been in the offices all week with the investors planning on moving forward and there’s another big court date tomorrow (monday) to determine if the backing is there to push the company forward and out of CCAA.

Here’s the situation though, while we don’t know many details, we have heard that the companies, Glacier Capital, and Washington Corp. were willing to put up serious cash to help us move forward, grow, and develop new routes, etc. The problem is, I’m trying to find out info about these companies and cannot find anything out.

I’d really like to know who’s coming in to put up cash to move us forward – I’m hoping that these are good investors with real knowledge about making companies successful, not just people giving us money to pi$s away faster than we get it.

If you know of anything about these companies, can you please reply here, or email me at medevacflyboy@yahoo.com with your comments?

Thank you so much for any assistance."

If anyone has anything they could offer, if you'd rather not email him directly, please respond here, and I'll see that he gets the info.

Thanks folks,

Mitch

Guest rattler

This is all that I can find.

Glacier Capital

Suite 3400 - 666 Burrard Street

Vancouver, BC, V6C 2X8

Email: info@glaciercapital.ca

Guest nordurland

Possibly the Washington Corporation as in Dennis Washington... who own such companies as Victoria Shipyards, Seaspan, Southern Railway B.C., Aviation Partners (the winglet people). The Washington family's Global Express can usually be found at YVR Piedmont-Hawthorne. Here's the corporate link:

http://www.washcorp.com/

Archived