Off Topic | Best Guitar Player Ever?

FireFox

It is great that we all have our favourite musicians  and naturally our favourite songs and groups and being rather ancient I go for the vocal groups of the 50's 60's and only a few of the latest groups...... Singers??? Well to each his own but I am bending more to Spanish music now, probably because of winters down south.

The problem with the groups of yesteryear is that most of their songs were very short in time, for example not many songs went over 3 minutes and today so many singers and musicians are coming out with much longer songs and the problem (for me) is the repetition of the lyrics and unnecessary filler and the screaming of the vocalists....

I am NOT a Beiber fan but one of this latest "hits" has the word "Baby" in it 56 times and to me that adds nothing to the music.... I wonder if he has ever listened to the Platters ??

Guitars.........I think that the Emmanuel players are fantastic players but the video  above,(Emmanuel),  just becomes noise to me after about 4 minutes.... and the same can be said, IMO, of Van Halen. Again I emphasize, that they are fantastic with their instruments  but not something I want to listen to for an extended period of time where as the video of Joe Bonamassa is, IMO, really worth listening to.

My middle son plays guitar, (for fun...he has other major employment)  and is the lead guitar in a group in the States, ( he also has 17 guitars, many collectors items), and he can whack out a lot of the fast stuff but I prefer the stuff that has lots of deep blues and not any of what I call ear-aching-twanging....

Yup, glad everyone has different musical tastes because if if they didn't........ it would be a pretty mundane world..

Have a nice weekend.

Archived