Who's Rules / Regulations Apply ?

Kip Powick

Flew on an Air Transat B737 but all documentation for us guests/pax indicated that the flight was being operated by Canjet

The flight has a TS flight number but so did last years and it was all Canjet personnel operating the flight

I don't know who the front end crew belonged to but the FAs were all Air Transat. Airplane was painted in Air Transat livery.

Check-in and boarding was all done by Air Transat staff.

I am assuming the front end might have been Canjet because I don't know if Air Transat has any pilots presently checked out on a B737.

In this case...........who's website does one go to with respect to regulations etc...... :/?: .......because there many differences on each companies websites re-perqs, baggage, boarding etc.

Kip, the 737 you were on was AT's, well not exactly, it's from Transavia on a dry lease, so front end and back end all AT. That particular A/C will go back to Transavia as soon as our own start arriving (the first one was delayed for a couple of months) in April or May.

For now, all 737 flights are line indoc, to make sure we have all the crews ready for four 737 in May... we even have AT pilots flying on Canjet and Enerjet A/Cs to speed up line indoc.

BTW, it's not paint, it's all stickers.

As for the pax info being Canjet, I'm a bit puzzled...

As for the pax info being Canjet, I'm a bit puzzled...

Ok...Thanks for the info...I think, perhaps, I can see why my documentation says "flight TS XXX - operated by Canjet".

We book very, extremely early, (7-8 months), for our trip and perhaps the TA thought nothing changed from 2013 to 2014 so thought Canjet was still operating these flights on behalf of Air Transat.

I will call her tomorrow and ask if she is aware that AT now has, and will have for next season, its own crews.

You will find two attachments (.jpg) to this post.

The highlighted part of each .jpg is the relevant part.

The AT sports equipment 'allowance' is straight forward and no problem. 44 lbs free

The Canjet 'allowance' does not make sense and I have pointed it out to the check-in agents and all one gets is a blank stare and confusion. In 2013 the CSA had to call three supervisors to get the approval to load our gear FREE.

If you read the Canjet highlighted section it basically means that if the gear weighted 34 lbs then I would be allowed to have 10 lbs of personal effects in a suitcase and then you would be maxed out to your 44lbs of free baggage llowance !!!!! :blush:

Two years later and they have still not amended their website :glare:

Fortunately we checked in with AT this year.............no problems

PS...you would think both companies would ask a certified diver what the gear is called and what one must have (02 tank???...Air Pistol.....tank harness?..etc) :biggrin2::biggrin2:

post-598-0-25896300-1395962756_thumb.jpg

post-598-0-19120800-1395962772_thumb.jpg

Archived