Useless Trivia

Kip Powick

Did you ever notice that the word "Canadian" on all aircraft and all motorized ground equipment belonging to what we knew as CP was decaled/painted on in a specific manner?

Did you ever notice that the American flag on the tail of USAirways was also decaled/painted on in an unusual way?

Do you know why the Air Canada red maple leaf logo is constructed the way it is?(the one on their website)

1) The CDN logo negated the issue of the French/English spelling of Canadien/Canadian

2) The Flag Code prohibits using the flag "for any advertising purpose"

3) You can't copywrite a Maple Leaf? with the removal of TCA from the logo they needed a distinct maple leaf logo they could copywrite (this is just a WAG on my part)

1) The CDN logo negated the issue of the French/English spelling of Canadien/Canadian

2) The Flag Code prohibits using the flag "for any advertising purpose"

3) You can't copywrite a Maple Leaf? with the removal of TCA from the logo they needed a distinct maple leaf logo they could copywrite (this is just a WAG on my part)

Nice try..but not close :biggrin2:

Got it I think....

The Canadian symbol replacing the 'a/e' has the arrow always facing forward in the direction of travel. I think it's the same with the US flag on the right side of the fuselage.

Yes, the "chevron" in the word Canadian always points forward, even on all the motorized ground vehicles

USAirways was slow to realize that the flag was backwards on the "other-side" of the tail but by the time it became well known at the "crystal palace" the brass hats decided to leave it the way it was......one reason given was the high cost of the decals/ paint job.

two out of three :checkmark::biggrin1:

Archived