Westjet Regional To Liberate Canadians From Ac Monopoly

Kip Powick

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly, that is why there is going to be no shortage of applicants for Rouge and Encore.

These Airlines insatiable hunger for cheap labour is going to drive them to a Cadet Program. Lay your bets on who is going to be first, but it is inevitable. Just like Cathay; the job turned undesirable, applications from experienced Pilots dried up, Cadet Program began.

. . . I will go to my grave trumpeting that all Captains, regardless of metal, be at the same pay level........but that will never "fly" in my lifetime :biggrin1:

Kip, you are aware that all Jazz captains get the same pay for the same years of service aren't you?

One year ago I was on the B757 and getting the same pay as a Dash 8 Capt who was hired the same month as I.

There are advantages and disadvantages to a status pay system.

Supply and demand. Vote with your applications. If the package is no good they won't get the kind of people they want and they will sweeten the pot. I'm pretty sure they won't accept lower standards to fill the staffing.

Guest rozar s'macco

"Sweetening the pot" would get any and every person who suggests it on the fast track to nowhere. Severe career limiting move. No- propose a more expensive, complex, completely unnecessary program like a cadet scheme partnered with an aviation college and you are showing the right stuff. That's the way these masters of the universe think.

"Hey boss, lets pay the pilots more"

"Hey you're fired"

Archived