WELL worth the watch....

Kip Powick

This was sent to me by another "Dot" who had just hung up his spurs a year or so ago.

It is a 4 part series, max time in any video is about 9 minutes, one of trhe videos is about 2.5 minutes.

Click on the link to open the page and then go to the left hand menu and click "CONTACT"

The 4 videos will come up.

To really enjoy this sequence start at # 1....you won't be sorry.

http://www.airportappraisals.com/newsletter-articles/

Thanks for the great link. The take-off was truly outstanding and the notes he took along the way were interesting indeed. What a trip!

Thanks for the great link. The take-off was truly outstanding and the notes he took along the way were interesting indeed. What a trip!

Yeh, good video and I have two points....

1) why didn't anyone think of putting a little wheel on the tail instead of a skeg and ...

2) It must have been pretty profitable back then to have a "hat" storeGrin-Nod.gif

1) why didn't anyone think of putting a little wheel on the tail instead of a skeg and ...

No Brakes?

Yes, while that is true, based on his final destination as well as the proposed take-off weight I would have opted for a wheel so as to facilitate a better takeoff. The pilots in that era landed by side slipping, (little if any forward viz), and seldom needed more that 500-700 feet to land

Archived