Home for Christmas

J.O.

An elderly man in Phoenix calls his son in New York and says, 'I hate to ruin your day, but I have to tell you that your mother and I are divorcing; forty-five years of misery is enough.'

'Pop, what are you talking about,' the son screams.

'We can't stand the sight of each other any longer,' the old man says. 'We're sick and tired of each other, and I'm sick of talking about this, so you call your sister in Chicago and tell her.'

And he hangs up.

Frantic, the son calls his sister, who explodes on the phone.

'Like Heck they're getting a divorce, she shouts 'I'll take care of this.'

She calls Phoenix immediately, and screams at the old man, 'You are NOT getting divorced! Don't do a single thing until I get there. I'm calling my brother back and we'll both be there tomorrow. Until then don't do a thing, DO YOU HEAR ME?' And she hangs up.

The old man hangs up his phone, smiles and turns to his wife. 'The kids are coming home for Christmas and they're paying their own way.'

None of Our offspring will be with us this Christmas sad.gif Outlaw's turn this year and We will have to make do with the phone calls smile.gif and parcels.

We (and I mean the Royal We) try really hard not to top up the guilt level for Our's like our parents did for us ...

Next year we are Up!!! biggrin.gif and the whole tribe will be at Our house rolleyes.gif

This year will just be like it was BC (before children) ... but unfortunately it is AP (after parents). So many good memories ... Each, and every holiday is special ... as this one will be ... Hope that Your's is too smile.gif

Rick

I'd give my left leg to spend this Christmas with my parents.  I've only spent one with them since 1999.  sad.gif

Try for a flight swap.

As an "Elder" I used to volunteer to flight switch with a more junior guy so the youngster could spend Christmas with his family. Scuba 02 and I just moved Christmas to another day and advised the kids, who were near adult-hood, that we were delaying Christmas...they understood as we had many a Christmas together in previous years.

Give it a try if you can....

Left leg.?..well we know what you mean, but without that leg, you wouldn't be flying biggrin.gif

Archived