BP exec steps down due to sex scandal

Awwwwww..how is he going to make ends meet ??user posted image

BP said the decision will cost Browne a bonus of up to 1.3 times his annual salary, worth in total more than $7.7 million. He would also be kept out of a share plan with a potential value of about 12 million pounds ($26.5 million).

But The Mail reports that he will still receive a retirement package worth up to $144 million.

Star article

Perjury

I guess your right, he had to perjure himself to protect his sexuality and keep his job while he was being blackmailed. He should have gone to the police, but would the outcome be any different?

Getting a payout when you leave a job of his stature is not criminal. Would you have said the same thing if he was hetrosexual,and some call girl was blackmailing him? Just curious.

cool26.gifcool26.gifcool26.gif

"I guess your right, he had to perjure himself to protect his sexuality and keep his job while he was being blackmailed. He should have gone to the police, but would the outcome be any different?"

He did not have to perjure himself. As far as I know, being gay is not a criminal offence.

"Getting a payout when you leave a job of his stature is not criminal. Would you have said the same thing if he was hetrosexual,and some call girl was blackmailing him? Just curious."

The criminality of the situation arises from the act of perjury regardless of personal motivation. When others (the little guy) are charged and or convicted of certain serious criminal offences they frequently lose all including pensions.

Guest rattler
"I guess your right, he had to perjure himself to protect his sexuality and keep his job while he was being blackmailed. He should have gone to the police, but would the outcome be any different?"

He did not have to perjure himself. As far as I know, being gay is not a criminal offence.

"Getting a payout when you leave a job of his stature is not criminal. Would you have said the same thing if he was hetrosexual,and some call girl was blackmailing him? Just curious."

The criminality of the situation arises from the act of perjury regardless of personal motivation. When others (the little guy) are charged and or convicted of certain serious criminal offences they frequently lose all including pensions.

The gay card does not apply. He is a member of a society that has acknowledged the rights of the gay community for quite a long time. Getting tired of those who play the "special rights card", no matter the designator on the card.

Thanks for your reply.

cool26.gifcool26.gifcool26.gif

Guest Nordo

Awwwwww..how is he going to make ends meet ??

Kip,

If he goes to prison he'll have 3 squares and all the close personal interaction he can stand and then some.

Nordo

Archived