Kinda Petty - me thinks

Kip Powick

Yeah, Quinn or maybe instead of The Medcine Woman... We should get Mike Keenan eh? dry.gif

Sports Radio here in Calgary is saying that it's not the Coach. You've got a "Mature" team, they need to be motivated and follow his Coaching...

What's the old saying, you can't fire the Team so you fire the Coach... If he can't get "Mature" player's to follow his Coaching, what's left?

Personally I don't think Jim Playfair will be going anywhere. He is a first year Head Coach who got his team to the playoffs (albeit by the skin of their teeth).

I put the early exit from the playoffs squarely at the feet of the players, the coaches can only provide the framework and support but the players have to execute the game plan and that is what they failed to do both on the road all year and in this first round vs. Detroit.

There aren't too many Head Coaches available in the NHL. I think Pat Quinn is also a non-starter due to personal health and family issues mentioned in an interview I saw with him a few weeks ago.

Darryl has said time and time again that he does not want the dual role of Head Coach/GM.

As for Luongo, yes he has talent I will give you that but have you ever really listened to him being interviewed after a loss? He is arrogant about his own performance (he never seems to do a poor job in his mind) and is quite critical of his team mates if he thinks they made him work too hard.

You will never hear Kipper say anything bad about his team mates even after facing down 255 shots in 6 games. He was interviewed the other day and he said he was paid to stop pucks and it didn't matter whether it was 10 per game or 50, it was his job and he would do it to the best of his ability.

Go Sens Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived