Possible partner for Westjet?

Kip Powick

Chinese regulators fined a low-cost carrier nearly $20,000 after the airline rolled out a fare sale offering 13-cent tickets.

In doing so, regulators say the airline broke national pricing rules, "Spring Airlines … sold more than 400 tickets on a new route between Shanghai and the northern city of Jinan for just 1 yuan (US $0.13)," Reuters writes, citing the Beijing Times. Spring Air's fares apparently violated a 2004 rule that bars airlines from offering more than a 45% discount off government-set base fares. "A regular one-way ticket on that route costs 910 yuan (US $116), including taxes," according to The Associated Press.

Reuters writes that "the case underscores the difficulty facing Chinese low-cost airlines, which are trying to model themselves on carriers such as Ireland's Ryanair in bringing cheap no-frills travel to the world's most populous nation."

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Interesting story...but what does it have to do with the thread title?  We all know our "state-run" airline has often undercut the lo-cost airline fares.  So what gives?  ohmy.gif

Sorry HANDYMAN I guess three of these biggrin.gif wasn't subtle enough for you to figure out it was HUMOUR

I know Mondays can be hard on some people but..........user posted image

Sorry HANDYMAN I guess three of these biggrin.gif wasn't subtle enough for you to figure out it was HUMOUR

I know Mondays can be hard on some people but..........user posted image

The outboard making bubbles in a hot-tub is funny...I don't find any humour in a story about a Chinese low-cost carrier being fined! But, a polite ha-ha could suffice to make this bad...no...non-joke go away! tongue.gif

I hate Mondays! sad.gif

Archived