Long Weekend

It's something normal people get about 10 times a year or so... an extra day off tied to a couple others, so they can blow out their burn-out... or organise their what-nots, fix their kadiddles, clean up their honeydo's, polish up their layabout's, wax their whammy's, .... and spend a lot of money. biggrin.gif

...the rest of us gaze in wonder... and envy. tongue.gif

Guest rattler
It's something normal people get about 10 times a year or so... an extra day off tied to a couple others, so they can blow out their burn-out... or organise their what-nots, fix their kadiddles, clean up their honeydo's, polish up their layabout's, wax their whammy's, .... and spend a lot of money. biggrin.gif

...the rest of us gaze in wonder... and envy. tongue.gif

Define normal biggrin.gif

Do abnormal people work and get overtime pay????

Then of course there are the "long weekend" asses that we see on our highways and in our campgrounds.

One thing about working in a 24/7 industry, some of us do escape the dreaded longweekend. That way when you retire you really appreciate the continuous long weekends.

I hate long weekends.

I'm usually here by myself, because my whole family is employed in that "24/7" industry, and my "front yard" is littered with the constant flow of people invading my space in noisy wake boats, towing noisier children, who are screaming at a pitch and decibel level that I can feel in my spine. tongue.gif

I much prefer a nice quiet Wednesday afternoon. wink.gif

Guest rattler
Actually... as Mike Lavoy will tell you, no, abnormal people - ie - wrench monkey within the IAM working a 4-on/4-off shift - work and get no overtime pay at all. sad.gif

Interesting, just curious..... that 4 x 4 shift. what are the hours (total time worked in 4 days (including breaks assuming they are paid).

Reason I ask is for some of us, a rolling 4 x 4 shift was something to dream of. But ours was based on a 37.5 hour standard work week, so the actual shift was based on the annual hours divided by the number of working days in a 4x4 cycle.

Never did get on one. The closest I had was 2 on 1 off 2 on and then 2 off.

Dream shift, had weekends off and the midweek wed. Time to spend with the kids on the weekend and time to do chores on the Wed. (shopping etc was a joy sans weekend crowds).

Archived