Counterfeit money... Beware!

I heard about this on the radio today, and since I've seen and heard tell of them a few times lately, I think it might be worth mentiong....:

There are plenty of bogus bills floating around lately! I saw a $20 bill that I would have missed for sure if not for the person showing me what to look for and being able to compare with a real one...

The new 20's... with a holographic stripe running across one end of the bill... On the real one, when you hold it at arms length between you and a light source, you can clearly see the image of the queen as a water mark near the center of the bill, ...on the fake, it wasn't there.

There were other very slight differences, but that was the most obvious. The fake was incredibly well done otherwise.... I wouldn't have known... You can easily be duped if you're not careful. cool26.gif

Cheers,

Mitch

Guest rattler
I heard about this on the radio today, and since I've seen and heard tell of them a few times lately, I think it might be worth mentiong....:

There are plenty of bogus bills floating around lately! I saw a $20 bill that I would have missed for sure if not for the person showing me what to look for and being able to compare with a real one...

The new 20's... with a holographic stripe running across one end of the bill... On the real one, when you hold it at arms length between you and a light source, you can clearly see the image of the queen as a water mark near the center of the bill, ...on the fake, it wasn't there.

There were other very slight differences, but that was the most obvious. The fake was incredibly well done otherwise.... I wouldn't have known... You can easily be duped if you're not careful. cool26.gif

Cheers,

Mitch

Used to teach a course on the recognition of counterfeit money. For those who are interested, here is a goto the Bank of Canada site where you can walk through how to determine if a bill if genuine or not. Just click on the denomination you are curious about. ( almost said interested in but then everyone would go for the $100.00)

Bank of Canada

Archived