Keep off the grass

Kip Powick

It's just grass, for #$@% sakes!

Before someone jumps on the, "another angry American with a gun" bandwagon, let's not think for one minute that this couldn't happen right here, or anywhere else for that matter. I grew up a couple of miles away from a guy who had a similar disposition. Thankfully, his big dog put enough fear in all of us that we never even considered placing a foot on his property. Anyone who would place his lawn at a higher level of importance than a young human life is truly a troubled individual, no matter where he lives.

This new report is very disturbing as these type of incidences ( going Postal ) are becoming more frequent.

My father was always lawn proud and as kids we were asked to play in the backyard not the front. Of course we played in the front but never when he was around.

And ole lady Haines- I'll never forget her. Honestly she must have sat by her window during the times us kids were on our way to school. If you so much as put a toe on her grass , she'd be flying out the door yelling at us. As 12 year olds of course we'd hop, skip and lose our balance and have to step on her lawn. Strange how this never happened on anyone elses lawn! I'm sure she remembers us fondly too.

I live in a neighbourhood with one "woman" that takes great offense at her neighbour's lawn service cutting even one inch of her lawn. The police have attended many times. A high fence has been erected and to this day there are wooden stakes that mark the property lines. Still the police have to come 'cause the mower is too close to the fence and may damage it.

This individual even becomes abusive and upset if someone parks a vehicle on the road in front of her house or if a snow thrower deposits on her property.

Look for the snake in the rock pile before you poke it with a stick!! Some of the snakes are ... disturbed.

Archived