Mother Nature seems ticked today!

Mitch Cronin

I know... it's not anything pure science and dead numbers and figures can't explain.... but there's something to wind that always strikes me as awesome...

as I sit here... the wind is just-a-howlin'! outside my door... trees losing branches, snow blowing everywhere (though there isn't a lot of it)...my drive home from work was interesting.... Roads that had been covered by a continuous rain and +7 degrees, suddenly exposed to -2 and a wicked wind.... a Suburban makes a pretty good sail, as automobiles go....

I've always appreciated the odd bit of raw power from Mother Nature..... I loved standing near the shore to watch when the winds kicked up a fuss when I lived on the west coast.... seeing monstrous logs tossed like toothpicks seems to have a way of reminding you what the significance of a bad day at work has.... or doesn't have.... troubles of all kinds can vanish in a flash in the fiercest of Her rants...

I guess that's it.... perspective.

Anyway, here in Claremont Ontario there's some wild weather a happening right now, and it's the kind of day that I can imagine some folks might turn to "the heavens" and find God. huh.gif .... not me though.... I find the need for electricity, natural gas, and sleep. smile.gifwink.gif

…there's something to wind that always strikes me as awesome…

Me too. It is such raw humbling power. I’ve noticed that it can put on an amazing exhibition when I am hunkered down, well protected, warm and dry… and can inspire abject fear when I am not.

Hope your drive back to YYZ is less awesome tonight. smile.gif

ccairspace

Archived