Flames flicker

I am sure that I am not alone when I state that the officiating at the hockey game this evening was anything but stellar…but that’s the way it goes. But think about this ..the cheap shot by the Calgary player which resulted in a 5 min penalty, in the last 4 and a bit minutes of the third period could just possibly cost the Flames the Stanley Cup.

Emotions are bound to run high in a game of this magnitude but that “check” was beyond unreasonable….sad to see a man play the game at such a low level, and see it again, and again, on the replays. As Winston C would say…”rather poor show, what?”

Good luck “Flamers”…you really might need it.

Guest blueYYC

ugh i know.. they totally were playing cheap tonite.. i'm still a flames fan and i totally know they will still win the cup.. they had to loose either this game or next so they could win the cup on home turf here in the heart of the calgary.. thats whats gonna happen. FLAMES IN SIX!!!

Ville is guilty of that cheap shot. Clarke as well in the first minutes of the game...

How about the Tampa players yelling, "Stay down, stay down!" to emphasize a major instead of a minor penalty... The winner of the "Oscar" is ...

Aside from two cheap shots, it was a very tight game I thought. Lot's of end to end action, Calgary out shot Tampa and the star of the game was Habibulan. The guy stopped everything! Were it not for that 5 on 3 in the first period, we could still be watching hockey!

I still like the Flames in six. Don Cherry's prediction not withstanding, there is still the "Hab's Hex" - Not since the '63 - '64 season has a team that has defeated Les Canadiens prior to the Stanley Cup final gone on to win the title that season.

Tampa Bay eliminated Les Canadiens on April 29.

wink.gif

i think the stars aligned against the flames last night... that, and Niemenamaneman, or whatever his name is needs some TLC from his teammates in the form of a bar of soap in a sock. I hope he gets a game suspension, the team will be better off without him. As for the guy he hit, at least it was better acting than that montreal player in the first series... tongue.gif

Theres just something about the flames that they can't seem to put 2 good games together this series. You can blame the officiating or whatever but when I see some stuff like last night where they were missing the net from point blank range it's gotta come back to the players.

The flames have always been a team that shows their frustration in the last stages of the game when they are losing. I'm sure if they could keep that part of their game in check it would help them immensely.

blink.gifhuh.gif

Archived