Did ya notice ?

I was not aware that the CBC puts a 3 second delay on their TV broadcast of the Stanley Cup Games. I just happened to switch over to ABC last night, during the game and they were 3 Seconds ahead of the CBC.

Just wondering...is it normal to have a "delay" when the CBC is transmitting the game.

Love those Flames ...great game

Guest rattler

Re Southwest ad, I thought I was seeing things. I imagine Southwest was hoping that a lot of their Tampa customers were watching.

Did anyone notice any AC or Westjet exposure on the boards???

"Did anyone notice any AC or Westjet exposure on the boards???"

There was/is a big Air Canada ad in the corner, there were big ads for Air Canada and the "revolving" rondal of Air Canada's logo in the lights that separate the 100 and 200 levels.

ABC had ads on the boards, ( Walls if you can believe that idiot play by play man on ABC mad.gif) but there were also the CBC logos.

Well I did not notice a3 sec delay it is interesting to note that if it was to edit tech glitches it failed miserably. Did anyone else notice the Comments from the Tampa bench during the second period? In high quality sound "Don't even think about it Ferrence I'll "Naughty Word" you up" And to think they were worried about Cherry.....

It's so the gawd awful commentators can appear to keep up with the action

Harry Neal is ok but the other guy? sometimes wonder if he's calling the same game smile.gif RBJ

Honestly I hope Bob Cole retires. Nice enough guy but he ain't cutting the mustard anymore. Behind the play and nothing to say except how much time is left in the period.

I watched the whole game on ABC; they may not be super hockey-savvy but at least they can follow the play and have lots of interesting stats.

My overall favourite commentating pair is TSN's Gord Miller, with Pierre McGuire doing colour commentary. Thorough hockey knowledge and great enthusiasm. Too bad they didn't get the contract for the last 2 rounds.

T9

Guest alldatjazz

I have to agree, the CBC broadcast crew are just not with it. I don't think I have ever heard such inane comments during a hockey broadcast as those that issue from this crew.

The Americans at least have an excuse if they are less than stellar.

The TSN crew are the best! Too bad they didn't get the broadcast rights.

Guest Guppy
They've been doing the 3 second delay for a while now. No idea why though.

Since Don Cherry'r remarks this winter about frenchmen and europeans being woosies for wearing face shields.

Guest Raven2911

I'm sorry, but I can't agree about Bob Cole. He and Harry Neale are the only commentators that I enjoy listeneing to.

Then again... I hate change.

"I'm sorry, but I can't agree about Bob Cole.  He and Harry Neale are the only commentators that I enjoy listeneing to."

I used to think the same way until this series... Bob Cole and Harry Neal have lost their "edge". Bob forgets the players names, referring to the "Goalie" several times a game and heads off predicting a win before the game is over, and Harry has no emotion commenting on innane things that have little to do with the game...

Don Whittman is one of the worst Play by Play guys around... I can't believe I was able to suffer through the Vancouver/Flames series with he and Glen Healy behind the mike... Don's job is to call the play and let the "Colour" guy spice things up with stats and anecdotes. Don Whittman can't seem to be outdone, he has to one up the colour guy and ends up missing an end to end rush.

At present, I think Chris Cuthburt and Greg Millen are the best the CBC have right now. (My Dad will disown me by going with Greg Millenph34r.gif) Lot's of energy, they get excited, I thought they did a great job in the San Jose/Flames series.

The best overall Play by Play guy, had to be Jim Robson who used to do the Canucks games and has since long retired, but present day, Jim Hugheson who used to do the TSN broadcasts. The CBC should show Bob Cole the gold watch and hire Jim Hugheson.

Guest Raven2911

Hi SD

Actually I haven't had a chance to watch any of the Flames series yet (have to be up by 3AM to get to work). The boys seemed to be better at calling the Leaf games. I'm gonna try and watch the game tonight, and perhaps my opinion will change.

If you ever want to hear some exciting comentating, try tuning into MOJO Radio when the Leafs are on. The guy doing that seems like he's ready to have a stroke.

Leafs in 7.... oops, wrong year

I tend to agree with you. Bob and company are MUCH more comfortable calling the Leafs. More familiar with the players and style of play. The way the NHL schedule works keeps the Western Teams out of T.O. so Bob doesn't get to see them very much.

I think Bob should look seriously at the gold watch and the cabin Newfoundland...

Archived