All or nothing

Guest parkerlava

I don't believe maintenance personnel make enough money considering the resposibility they have, which in all honesty is just as real as a pilots but I seriously doubt I could convince anyone other than an AME to believe that. Some pilots recognise that just as the passengers lives depend on their skill, their own lives as well as the passengers rest on the ability of the maintenance guys to do their job, others simply take it for granted that when they jump in the drivers seat, that everything in their high priced sports car is going to work as it should, without a thought for what has been done in the hangar overnight. Of course in it's own way this is a complement so I'm not expecting anyone on the flight crew to shake my hand and thank me or my fellow mechanics for a job well done or for ensuring that they have a safe flight. I just happen to think that perhaps we should be recognised just a tad more for the work we do, not just by the guys up front or the FA's but also by the public. Perhaps then they might actually think that we deserved a bit more than the relatively cheap wages we are being paid. After all, a plumber makes a lot more than we do, the same with an electrician and their jobs don't have to get up and travel at 600mph day after day.

Ok, I'm starting to ramble here, time for bed, 16yrs of steady midnights will do that to you. biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

Gord'.

Gord;

You are underpaid, without a doubt.

Unfortunately the AME's made a huge mistake joining the same bargaining unit as the Rampies.

Could you imagine, in your wildest dreams, the Pilots and the F/A's in the same bargaining unit.

My gawd.........wouldn't Pam Baby have fun with that.

If It was up to me you would earn six figures, there are LOTS of trades around paying that kind of money.

Now........I would extract that money from a couple of other groups around here.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest yycfaguy

Say Hi to Ali for me.........

Will do...if the yahoo ever decides to return my phone calls. wink.gif

Guest Prairie Dawg

ResKnight,

You are mistaken when you say you make $250-500 per hour worked. You aren't out there as a salesman convincing people to buy tickets; you are answering the PHONE and doing what they tell you to do. By the way $500/hr worked, so what does that mean you book 2 tickets per hour on average?! Wow that really sounds like hard work.

ahh forget it

Guest yycfaguy
ResKnight,

You are mistaken when you say you make $250-500 per hour worked. You aren't out there as a salesman convincing people to buy tickets; you are answering the PHONE and doing what they tell you to do. By the way $500/hr worked, so what does that mean you book 2 tickets per hour on average?! Wow that really sounds like hard work.

ahh forget it

Well i spend 9 hours of flight time seeing to the needs of passengers I guess in that light I make no money for the company......does that mean the work I do is without merit?

I would suggest ResKnight also assists people to get to their destinations in the most timely and effective manner, suggests other services that we are able to provide on board...I'm quite sure that res agents aren't automatons.

Archived