Promise to the boys at work:

The other day I when I got home in the morning my wife asked me how moods were at work, "Are they all doom and gloom like you?" she asked. No, I said, but I managed to convert a few.

"Aw why on earth would you do that?" she wondered....

I explained that the only way I could see that anything was likely to change was if people actually realized how dire things had become, and how seriously close to jobless we all were.

Evidently my efforts were not necessary... For those folks, I promise I'll revert to my usual happy, positive, life's-a-gas, self, as soon as I return! I hate being glum... And I know the downer of negativity... but when it's there with purpose... I saw some merit in trying to sway opinions.

I know we're not out of the weeds yet, but those of us within the IAM can at least sit back and watch now with the knowledge that our group has done it right. (just how that came to be, I'll probably never know, but we did!)

Why, Mitch?

Maybe Jallet found out there wouldn't be a job for him in the IAM if there wasn't an airline. Fontaine, too.

Now all you have to deal with - since I assume ACPA and AC will work out a deal - are well-entrenched union bureaucrats Sad Pam and Gary. I'm sure Pam and Gary will have statements full of hell fire and brimstone, but as Judge Farley said, they had better pack their toothbrush. What he didn't tell them is that the meeting will be held at the Don Jail :)

Guest Tri-spool

Dagger,

I agree with you, the pilots will be next to strike a deal on the pension...then the heat will really be turned on the remaining two unions.

IAMAW..Nice Work Guys & Gals!

Cheers!

Just maybe it was your persisitence, (sounds better than doom and gloom), was what swayed the views of enough people to make the difference.

Who knows? :)

Archived