Virus warning for Avcanada visitors

Mitch Cronin

I could be wrong...

It could be that I've interpreted what's going on incorrectly, but it appears to me that Avcanada has been hacked again, as when I attempt to visit the site, Norton immediately reponds by clicking into virus protection mode and I'm forced to ctrl-alt-del close the IE window.

If anyone else has had a similar experience, I'd like to hear about it... and if anyone who visits that site has no virus protection active, I suggest you find some and scan ASAP.

Thanks Chris... I'm reluctant to go back to read it again, but I saw a redirect attempt while I tried to visit... directing the browser to a .uk site that included a php file at the end of the URL which I think was one of 3 files that Norton objected to, claiming they contained a virus. The other two were .htm extensions I think.

What a shame.

Edit: The virus is evidently called Bloodhound.Exploit.18 and it appears in the temp internet files directory in the file: addenyrt[1].php (for one)

I was just trying to access the site, before I came here, and had the same results as you two did. Norton took care of it, but it appears to be embedded in the main header of the page from what Norton was saying. Same virus as you said.

They're back online now. For those that have accessed this website yesterday, read the announcement in the general comments (canada) forum. They are asking you to do a virus scan of your computer.

Archived