4 Don Hudson

Kip Powick

Well I have had so many problems with the latest version of Win Media Player that I kept my old one and my version. 6.4.09.1125 plays it fine and I have the OPTION of AVI files selected and it plays it. I'll download the latest version of WinMedia Player and see if it works on that file.

(time passes......)

I tried it in both V7 and V 9 and it works...sorry guys, maybe it is your settings.

NORM...perhaps this is what you need.....From The MS download center.

Codec Installation Package

This package can be used as an alternative to automatically downloading Windows Media Codecs, or to correct problems experienced with previously-downloaded codecs.

Quick Info

File Name:

WM9Codecs.exe

Download Size:

1384 KB

Date Published:

12/13/2004

Version:

Validation Recommended

This download is available to customers running genuine Microsoft Windows. Please click Continue to begin Windows validation.

Related Resources

Codecs 101 for Windows Media Technologies

Multimedia File Formats: Descriptions and Samples

Windows Media Codecs Home Page

Career Support for Microsoft Certified Professionals

Overview

This package is for network administrators who want to deliver support for the latest Windows Media Audio and Video codecs for enterprise computers running Windows Media Player 7.1, Windows Media Player for Windows XP, Windows Media Player 9 Series, and Windows Media Player 10.

Note: If you do not have Windows Media Player 9 Series or later installed and cannot play content by using the Windows Media Video 9 or Windows Media Audio 9 Voice codecs from a Player embedded in a Web page, consider downloading the codec installation package for Windows Media Player 6.4 as well.

System Requirements

Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP Home Edition , Windows XP Media Center Edition, Windows XP Professional Edition

Archived