*********VIRUS ALERT *********

Kip Powick

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Joe Chiang

Sorry Kip, I don't know what a condition lever is. Other than 500 hours recip time before joining the military, all my time is on jets. And now I am dangerous in a C-172...:)

Ah Joe Chiang,

How's UA these days my friend? Don't worry about KIP and his real airplanes, cause we all know that the only REAL airplane in the AF is the 140 right?! (and no condition levers either!)

I've never owned a MAC but I did use them on OJT in HOTEF (1990-92) and they were great, and well ahead of the PC at the time! Like you said, kinda like comparing German/Japanese cars to those from North America...

Stay cool dude!

John Currie.

"vanitas"....hmm

As much as I enjoyed your recognition of the German Auto makers...and Bob as a prophet, I'm still in a bit of a quandry.

How does 'Like a Rolling Stone ' justify your claim?..Hardly an 'apocalyptic' tune, (Although Bob has sung many) That particular song has more to do with the 'spoilt' aristocratic class than the average Joe.

Had you quoted 'gates of eden' or in this case 'when the night comes ...etc'

cheers ..the resident Dylan Guy

Looking above at the slanging match that passes for dialogue between your mainline and regional pilots, there is only one song from the Blessed One that would fit on this forum.

Maybe it should be the theme tune?

"You see me on the street

You always act surprised

You say, "How are you?" "Good luck"

But you don't mean it

When you know as well as me

You'd rather see me paralyzed

Why don't you just come out once

And scream it

No, I do not feel that good

When I see the heartbreaks you embrace

If I was a master thief

Perhaps I'd rob them

And now I know you're dissatisfied

With your position and your place

Don't you understand

It's not my problem

I wish that for just one time

You could stand inside my shoes

And just for that one moment

I could be you

Yes, I wish that for just one time

You could stand inside my shoes

You'd know what a drag it is

To see you"

Guest M. McRae

And then of course you could add component, after component and if I remember you had a $3000.00 machine that even had a hardrive. :)

Great for it's time.

Of course I remember the first portable computers that required a luggage cart to move them around..........

Guest Joe Chiang

Thanks for the clarification. I probably would enjoy playing with it...

I saw an original Apple I in Fry's Electronics in Palo Alto - not much to look at but it must be worth a lot as a collector's item...

Cheers,

Joe

Guest Joe Chiang

Hi Kip,

That brought back memories - coastal patrol missions in a Challenger (and the water always look very very cold). And great memories of Halifax. I was fortunate that I didn't join 434 until they moved to Greenwood, so I didn't know how good life was before in Shearwater. As it was, I got to know the drive from Greenwood to Halifax really well...

Although I live in Maui now, I do visit my parents in Toronto so a drink (or two, or...) is not out of the question...

Cheers,

Joe

Guest M. McRae

Of course there was no doubt that TI produced the best calculators also. Top of the line in both performance but also in price. :)

Today you can get a graphing calculator under under $50.00 that then would have been cheap for 500.00. How times have changed.....

Speaking of opinionated Teutons:

"Der Klang eines 911 wird nur durch einen guten Mozart übertroffen" - Herbert von Karajan

Clearly a man whos expects his vehicle to do more than a "job".

My German's a little rusty, but let's see if I can get the gist of that quote...

"The clanging and battering of a 911 sounds like Mozart falling into the drum and cymbal section of an orchestra pit." - Herr von Karajan.

Am I close?

Archived