OK, I'm beating a dead horse.. but

Kip Powick

As many of you know, I am not in favour of anonymity on this forum and rather than beat a dead horse…… cause really…who listens ?? I do have a question and am not really sure how to phrase it without sounding disrespectful or pompous…

Recently a young WJ pilot was taken from our midst and that fact was posted on AEF. I do not know that pilot and never had the pleasure of meeting him but from the amount of condolences posted on this forum, he was well respected as a driver, and as an individual.

Many of his friends posted their thoughts on AEF. What I don’t quite understand is that these individuals posted under their “ anonymity handles” yet signed their postings using their real names.

I counted at least seven.

Maybe I’m really thick, but if out of respect for your fallen comrade, you signed your real name, why would you not continue to do the same thing after the tragedy slowly fades ?? You felt it was important enough to let everyone know who you were and how you as an individual felt about your loss yet later on you have gone back to anonymity. Did you forget you signed your name or perhaps you feel others will forget who you are as the page slips down and off your screen ??

No big deal but it just seems funny to me…but then again a lot of things seem funny to me….but…… I still believe in signing my posts.

Guest flyersclub

there are people who need to remain anonymous due to the positions they hold within and outside the aviation industry. just trust us on that one. however, people should not use anonimity to slander/misrepresent/distress people, that's irresponsible and actually anonimity is not even necessary for this!

Kip, it really doesn't matter what name I use does it?

You have no idea who I am, only that I work for WestJet. Your opinion of me is shaped by the posts I make and the opinions that I share here.

I could put my name here, but it would have no relevance for the people who have never met me. The people who do know me, know who I am and what I am like, also know who "Steam Driven" is.

That is all that counts.

I do believe you have taken the entire post out of context. It is a well known fact that I do not support anonymity but have accepted the fact that an anonymity will always be on AEF… for some of the reasons you have purported…but my post was about the “odd” seven, as I shall call them…nothing else.

(((. however, people should not use anonimity to slander/misrepresent/distress people, that's irresponsible and actually anonimity is not even necessary for this!)))

Not sure what your point is here. Hope your weather is better than ours out here

Guest flyersclub

kip, too funny, when i quickly responded to your post i didn't even notice it was from you ... honest. but i guess i was reacting to posts saying anonymous posters should be banned. i also admit i don't have time to read everything so apologize if i missed the point entirely!! wx here is chilly today but back to 21c on the weekend, am painting the condo so can have the windows open. batten down your hatches!! cheers.

Archived