Tier III in New Brunswick

Guest Jazz Monkey

Guest Jazz Monkey

The AC ramp staff in NB have been talking about all the proposed Beech 1900 flying in the Nov schedule. For instance, I have heard that the twice daily Dash service from YHZ-YSJ will be replaced by 4 Beech 1900 flights. Same overall capacity but 4 flights to choose from instead of 2. I have also heard that similar things will be happening with YFC and YQM. Kind of sounds like when we (Jazz) lost all our intra-New Foundland flying.

I sure hope to hear something from someone on "our" side real quick to clarify this or to denounce it as just a rumour...Time will tell I guess.

Some union officials are already hinting that YHZ may see itself be shrunk down to almost nothing - if not eliminated as a crew base.

Guest BillyBigToe

So what do you think? Would it be fair game to scope the flying so you can keep your job. Or is it not really YOUR flying anyway?

Guest BillyBigToe

Well what I'm trying to say it our scope language at the mainline is always under attack by Jazz. They suggest the flying belongs to no one and if they can do it cheaper it should be flown by them. As Tier 3 operations are eating at their work they seem to think it's time to do something about it.

Guest floatrr

I can't help but ask you then,what do you think the difference between the relationship between JAZZ and Mainline is versus JAZZ and Tier3? I'll help you: JAZZ IS 100% OWNED BY AIR CANADA! Is Tier 3?

Guest BillyBigToe

The blokes in YUL run the show. If they decide it's cheaper/better to have Jazz, Mainline, or Tier 3 do certain flying, that's what they do. Protecting your flying is protecting your flying. Jazz wants as much flying as it can get, as does Mainline and Tier 3.

To answer your question, as far as any relationship goes, I would say that I like Tier 3 better than Jazz.

Yes Georgian will be doing flying out of YHZ come Novemeber on a permanent basis. Nobody is taking any jobs anywhere as it is a result of reduced flying with the Tier III flying in YYZ and an increase in flying for Jazz out of YYZ. Georgian got hit just as hard by the restructuring as anybody else. Its not about job protection or scope or anything else. Mainline decides which routes are profitable with which aircraft. Keep in mind that there are peoples lives that disrupted daily because of the finacial requirements of the mainline. IT is not just one group it is all groups. It is a bussiness and bussiness need to keep their head above water.

Cheers.

Guest PortTack

So has GGN based crews in YHZ now? Just curious...

I assume a Jazz bid will be forthcoming with more crews relocating to YYZ. They sure like paying for moves....

Guest pilotbzh

and Jazz is piking up more YGK, YYB, Detroit and one YYZ-KMHT From Georgian, no change in hours for georgian, cut in YYZ, flying in Halifax...

Archived