A321 question

Guest topsy1970

. . . flying an Airbus is like owning a Rottweiler. You pat his head and let him sleep in front of the fireplace, but you never leave him alone with your kids.

Very good. I'll add that to my other favourite Airbus quote: "You don't fly an Airbus as you aim it."

. . . flying an Airbus is like owning a Rottweiler. You pat his head and let him sleep in front of the fireplace, but you never leave him alone with your kids.

Very good. I'll add that to my other favourite Airbus quote: "You don't fly an Airbus, you aim it."

Thanks. ;-)

Regarding the second quote, though, I'd have to disagree. It's still an airplane, it still flies. You can disconnect everything and fly it the same as any other jet. People argue about who really has control, but does it really matter if you're passing input through hydraulic systems with artificial feel or fly-by-wire systems with artificial feel?

Theoretically, the Airbus wouldn't let the pilot stall the airplane. Is this really relinquishing control to a computer? If you really wanted to stall the airplane, popping a couple circuit breakers will do the trick- restoring full control to the guy at the stick.

Aim it? No more than you'd aim a DC9 or B737.

Archived