C3 Pilot Question

SkyBlazer

Hey guys,

When many of the C3 pilots were out of work, I understand that somehow you may have received special permission to travel overseas or abroad in order to look for work without penalty or EI $ lost.

Is that true, and if so, any information in terms of contacts, program names files etc...

would help out great.

Myself and others sure could use the assistance.

SkyBlazer.

I dealt with the office in Chilliwack, B C.

I explained that I had a job interview in LAX and showed them my invitation for the interview PLUS my return airline tickets/ itinerary. I was straight up with them....no problems. What they are trying to avoid is those that would take advantage of the system and go on a vacation, etc.

My experience the same as PEFC. I went for an interview in New York and that was OK since it was there and back after the interview. They won't likely let you go job hunting out of the country and collect EI.

In case anyone thinks it would be a good idea to just do it and not tell anyone, think again. HRDC utilizes the info from your customs card to find such folks. You would have to pay back all benefits received and a penalty. Happened to someone I know well. Ouch!

Good luck to all with their job searches. :-)

Because I was "up front" with HRDC and was only gone 2 1/2 days I did not lose any EI benefits. My friend in the Chilliwack HRDC office said that they would start to look at with holding EI $$$ if one was out of country for more tan a week.

Same for me. Be up front. Tell HRDC that the airline job market is not just domestic, but international. SO, you job search WILL take you outside the country for the occasional job interview, etc.

As for me, no problem.

Avcat

Archived