AC non-rev and J/S

Guest cancommuter

Guest cancommuter

Hi, just two questions re: AC non rev and j/s.

I contacted our pass bureau and wouldn't you know it AC's Zed fare was the best deal for me to LHR. Beat our Delta ID95's (I work for Delta Connection).

What are AC policies re: upgrading non revs from other airlines if the opportunity was there. Not to be a spoiled brat but my wife has never sat in J class and I know I could get her there on Delta.

I've used AC j/s (cabin, of course) and have heard different info re: J class when Y is full. Am I SOL when trying to j/s and the back is full with some empties up front.

Thanks for your replies. Blue skies....

Very simple...Delta lists employees "up front" (SA) and usually will do the same with "other airlines" as will United. As an AC employee and unless you know someone (ie; the gate agent), you're SOL unless you purchase a J class pass which are limited. As an "other airline" employee on AC, you have "almost" no chance of "J".

Guest YWG Flyer

When I worked for Atlantic Coast, and non-reved on AC back to YWG... I'd only get J-class if the back of the A320 was completely full. Always listed in Y though - and the AC res agents would list as C6/Y10 priority which I understand is pretty close to bottom. Only once on YYZ-EWR was the gate agent nice enough to upgrade to J when Y was less than 50% full.

Guest cancommuter

Thanks for your responses. Guess it's hit and miss. That's my experience using the j/s anyway. Oh well, any seat that gets me home or on vacation is good enough. Especially considering how ACA/Delta treats it Delta Conn. employees re: travel perks. ;)

Guest YWG Flyer

I'd also recommend the deal with Virgin. The passes are refundable if you don't use them - minus the $10 admin fee - but are an excellent backup out of LHR if you're wanting to get back to the NE (BOS/JFK/EWR/IAD). The Virgin staff at IAD treat us fantastic too. Got a lounge invite, and upgrade to J on a 3/4 full A343. Kudos to them.

Guest cancommuter

Upgrade on Virgin, was that recent. I didn't think they allowed J upgrades on our $150 passes. I'd love that upgrade - good suggestion though now that ACA does IAD-YYZ.

Archived