Like night and day

dagger

I flew to Ottawa today for a meeting. It took half an hour to check in at Pearson, without luggage, because the kiosks were still down, presumbly the last legacy of that virus. There was a huge line for check-in with luggage, but most people were cool because the staff kept everyone well-informed, and pulled people out of the line if their flight was getting close. The staff I dealt with seemed in good humor.

Coming back, the machines were back up. There were no lineups in Ottawa or Toronto, though it was 7 p.m. when I got into Pearson and past the domestic peak.

Anyway, that's my dream. Everyone checks in via Kiosks, ther CAW people just check in luggage, and Buzz goes off and tilts at other windmills. Seriously, from what I saw today, the CAW campaign is all about going back on the union's concessions. They are trying to bully AC into recalling its members. But from what I saw this morning, with the Kiosks down, every CAW position was staffed. It would have been hard to fit in any more staff. And later in the day there was absolutely no need for even one more body. They could have done well with even fewer.

Archived