Ireland

Guest rance

Off to Ireland next week and was wondering if anyone knows of any good hotel deals or crew rates for dublin or shannon.

thanks in advance.

Rance,

The Jury's Christchurch Inn in Dublin is very reasonable. It is walking distance to everything of interest. Phone # 01 4570111, fax# 01 4540012.

There are a number of hotels in the area of the Shannon Airport. The Best Western is reasonably priced and is on the road between the Shannon Airport and Limerick. There numerous B and B's on a small road behind the Bunratty Castle (also on the road between Shannon and Limerick). If it is your first time in Ireland and you plan on driving I highly recommend starting at Shannon. Just to get you feet wet before tackling Dublin Traffic.

Slainte'!

Rance,

Call the Jury's Christchurch Inn when you get to Ireland, .... you never know if someone has cancelled (that's how we got a room). Yes It's a great hotel, clean, cosy and great location.

Feel free to ask anymore last minute questions before you go!

JC

Thanks Jc,

are there any B&b's you'd recommend or just show up. Also I have never rented a car overseas are there any tips or things that are different than renting in n.a.

thanks for your time.

Try to arrange your car rental from this side. You will get much better rates. Last time I was was home the local rates wre about double what could have been arranged from here. Go through a travel agent, they seem to have the best access.

Good Luck & have a pint of real Guinness fro me.

Cheers

Rance,

I rented my car over the internet and got a great rate.

As far as B & B's they are everywhere! Just show up, if full most owners will call another B & B for you.

Again, Have a great time!

Archived