Trouble in paradise (redux)

dagger

"A new flight attendant at Southwest makes about $14,000 per year."

I guess it must be the glamour of the job that attracts people at that wage :( . You would have to be living with Mom and Dad or have a bunch of room mates just to be able to pay your rent on that salary in, say, the YYZ area, and then live some type of life with what is left. I guess as long as people are willing to do it management and shareholders will like it, but it is fertile ground for union activity.

Same comparison here in Canaduh right???? The glamour of the jet has lowered the bar thanks to the WJ's and CanJet's and Jet'Go of da world. This applies to the pilots and FA's most specificaly. Bunch of prostitutes? Maybe that a little harsh. Is there any truth to it though?

Same comparison here in Canaduh right???? The glamour of the jet has lowered the bar thanks to the WJ's and CanJet's and Jet'Go of da world. This applies to the pilots and FA's most specificaly. Bunch of prostitutes? Maybe that a little harsh. Is there any truth to it though?

I suppose the opposite of that thinking is to look at Air canada, United, American et al and say, look where they are now, having over priced themselves out of a job and possibly into extiction because of their union posturing. Having said that, the Southwest F/A's raise red flags when they start chattering obout the few minutes a day that they actually clean the airplane. As it stated in the article, that Southwest was only one of a very few that made money. I'm sure that they'ed rather keep it that way than send Southwest on a slippery slope that many other airlines have suffered with and are paying dearly for.

Archived