For those that scowl at the ovals:

Mitch Cronin

Watkins Glen has the NASCAR Winston Cup boys having a go today... On NBC. Could be a good race. They've even got tires for wet conditions in the pits, which, if they use them, would be the first time they'd ever ran in the rain. (40% chance at the moment)

YeeeHaaaw! Could be my last Sunday with a bottle of Appletons and time to watch for quite a while... Boogity Boogity Boogity!:D (you'd have to be familiar with Darryl Waltrip to know what that means)

Guest Joe Chiang

Hi Mitch,

I must admit if I wasn't on the road I may have been tempted to watch this race since it's on a great race track (and it's not an oval!!!) I still am not interested in NASCAR since I dislike the idea of bumping someone to pass.

For those of you who think NASCAR ovals are demanding physically, here is a quote from Jeff Gordon after he drove the Williams-BMW at Indy

"My neck is sore after only a few laps"

There is an interesting note in Aug F1 magazine that said there were discussions in 1999 that Gordon may join BAR alongside Villeneuve. But he would have to go to Team Green in CART for 2 years first and then may test for BAR and there was no guarantee. It would have been interesting...

Sure hope JPM can overtake Michael Schumacher in the Championship...

Cheers,

Joe

Archived