Jazz F/A Layoffs?

Guest jzdude

Guest jzdude

Has anyone heared where the layoffs are happening? The only thing we have heard out west is 25 in YVR. We have spoken to a "friend" in crew sked and they were saying that they are drafting all of the time. They are going crazy in there and have told "upper mgmt" that they can't afford to loose anymore f/a's. Wait and see how many people are going to be booking off after working under these new work rules for a couple of months.

The company and the "union" have a meeting on the 14th of this month to see if they can mitigate any of the layoffs. Hopefully they will be able to put together a package for the more senior people to consider.

Guest skies

Hello jzdude,

You are right, they are drafting, and airport moving up...in YYZ that is. This was happening last night around 9 pm...due to whether conditions. Imagine next winter !!!!

Have a nice day ;-)

skies

Guest givemeabreak

Typical f/a...jzdude...you are a supreme idiot!!

Do us all a favor and quit!! I dare you to try to find a job just as good with the same (even with the changes) working conditions.

Booking off. That's the attitude to why we are in the mess we are in!!

Talk to a WJ, ex Royal, etc. f/a to see if they would have your job.

Get out you baby!!

Guest rvr1200

Well said....some the biggest complainers seem to have come to this airline from a former blue one. They should shut up and count their lucky stars they have a job!

Guest jzdude

Hey Givemeabreak,

What I meant by my post if you could not figure it out is when the fas are working that long for so many days in a row, you are going to see people going on med or stress leave. Oh and by the way those working conditions that you seem to praise are really not that great. Maybe you are the kind of person who calls up crew sked and asks for overtime while your co-workers are on layoff.

I seemed to have hit a bit of a sour spot with you, let me guess the layoffs have not touched you. Anyways listen everybody is entitled to their opinon, why dont you try and answer some of the questions we had instead of beeking off. Cheers

Guest givemeabreak

You only asked one question dumb dumb. And to answer that, "are their any layoffs"

A. Call the company and ask.

B. Call your union rep and ask.

C. Don't ask on a public forum and spew stupid comments on booking off.

An give ME a break when you say stress and med leave. Are the cookies getting heavier?

Christ, the service is the &%$@!s anyway. Try doing a Rapadair with FULL service.

jzdude, do us all a favor and quit. PLEASE!!

Guest jzdude

rvr1200

If the best you can do is try and start something between the two companies, I feel bad for you. That comment is very childish. It sounds like you and your friend givemeabreak are best friends. And as for givemeabreak the company is not the best when it comes to giveing information to its fas. Oh and when was the last time you did a rapid air.

"They should shut up and count their lucky stars they have a job!"

That's nice....thanks for clearing that up. I'd heard a rumour that this was the sentiment at AC. Now it's fact.

Now, where's that "lucky star" I should be thanking....??

Guest floatrr

You guys are a couple of real gems. So what you want to do is open up a real can of worms right? Name calling and personal insults,great! Suffice it to say ,you two, that any Fa's laid off (or any other employee of AC or JAZZ for that matter) will soon realize how good they really had it and how hard it is to find a job with simular working conditions. I too have little sympathy for the lazy,and maybe we'll find out soon who the lazy are and weed them out but, there are some legitimate concerns with with working too much without sufficient time off. Then again there are those that were laid off that realized how good it was all along and I wish THEM a speedie return. IMHO the working conditions will continue to get worse if employees dont take a stand to management ie.taking drafts continuously when the company is laying off. I'm all for helping the company out in tough times but in the good times will we see conditions reurn to this level? I think not. At least without tough negotiations. I wan't to see the "NEW BUSINESS PLAN" before we give up any more of our working conditions. And that will be in late September. So for now ,it's follow the contract to a T. Nothing extra. When Upper management can come up with a reasonable restructuring plan (I beleive ALPA did) then we will listen.

Guest rvr1200

"Oh and when was the last time you did a rapid air?"

What is that supposed to mean???

I'm not trying to start anything. Givemeabreak is right(and no...we're not friends). Why not try doing your best and working and stop bitching. If the company runs out of f/a's, that's their problem. Booking off is certainly not fixing anything.

Guest jzdude

"some of the biggest complainers seem to have come to this airline from a former blue one"

Now if you say that your not trying to start anything then what is up with your immature comments? And just as an FYI to you and your buddy I along with alot of other f/a's do go out there and give out best. But when you have a mgmt that changes it's mind all of the time when it comes to layoffs it is a litte frustraiting. I'm not sure if you and your buddy have been affected by the layoffs yet, but I can tell you that I hope I don't have to ever work with either of you and that attitude of them vs us.

Later

Guest rvr1200

No problem there my friend....see...I work with all sorts of lovely people who love there job. Maybe I've worked with you even. I would love to work with you anyday....you'd never know it was me. And oh, by the way, yes, I've been affected by the layoffs personally. It does suck how mgmt changes there minds daily. Maybe it'll be better someday.

Guest dwb yyc

From what I heard is that layoffs will not be happening until November. Maybe the Jazz management will do the bone head move and layoff everyone at XMAS and we will have the mess we did last year. Sure not a bright bunch.

As per the comments on maybe the blue team might want to try to work a rapidair, to see what real work is all about. Well maybe the mainline guys would like to try 8 legs, 14 hr. day by yourself, full loads. Mainline does not know what hard work is. Otherwise most of your 35 year FA's would have been gone along time ago.

Archived