question for Mitch

wjaer

I have a question Mitch. Maybe I have missed it in other threads but what were the lines of communication that you went through before your letter to Milton? Did your concerns fall on deaf ears until you went public?

I am asking for my own delvopment as a WJA employee and not to stir the pot. Thanks in advance.

I talked to every white shirt and tie type I saw. Literally. All I spoke with either shrugged their soulders, or talked with me a bit and then shrugged their shoulders. One guy, whom I have a lot of respect for, nearly lost all of that respect when, after talking with me at length, he said: "If you don't like it, you can always quit."

After that, I knew there wasn't many ways left to be heard. I thought of a private letter to RM, but I felt I could already hear his response... Likely very similar to the letter I got later from Rob Reid. Lip service to shut me up... "Calm down Mitch, we know what we're doing." (they always seem to think a guy on the floor couldn't possibly have a better read on things than they do)

So.... There I was, with nothing but what I felt was the sure knowledge that the idea was going to be a costly and severely aggravating mistake, my keyboard, and hopes to be able to somehow change the course of the ship on it's way to the ice bergs of the North Atlantic.

So, that was the process.... I know there's a line of thought that say's I jumped the cue... tried an end run, or even flew off the handle... But this issue, ... it isn't just a small grievance... It's a bloody great big mistake that has people all across the system absolutely beside themselves in disgust and anger.

And that's that.

Cheers,

Mitch

I talked to every white shirt and tie type I saw. Literally. All I spoke with either shrugged their soulders, or talked with me a bit and then shrugged their shoulders. One guy, whom I have a lot of respect for, nearly lost all of that respect when, after talking with me at length, he said: "If you don't like it, you can always quit."

After that, I knew there wasn't many ways left to be heard. I thought of a private letter to RM, but I felt I could already hear his response... Likely very similar to the letter I got later from Rob Reid. Lip service to shut me up... "Calm down Mitch, we know what we're doing." (they always seem to think a guy on the floor couldn't possibly have a better read on things than they do)

So.... There I was, with nothing but what I felt was the sure knowledge that the idea was going to be a costly and severely aggravating mistake, my keyboard, and hopes to be able to somehow change the course of the ship on it's way to the ice bergs of the North Atlantic.

So, that was the process.... I know there's a line of thought that say's I jumped the cue... tried an end run, or even flew off the handle... But this issue, ... it isn't just a small grievance... It's a bloody great big mistake that has people all across the system absolutely beside themselves in disgust and anger.

And that's that.

Cheers,

Mitch

Archived