Negativity & Beans

Years ago, a friend of mine worked on fire crews in the bush in northern BC. The cook was a huge 300 lb girl with a voice to match who couldn't cook worth a damn. He learned very quickly to leash his tongue when it came to comments on the food...

"Good beans" is something he found worth saying.

I understand the potential for damage in excessive negativity, so maybe I should be saying to AC upper management... Good beans. (?)

Trouble is, I get the feeling nobody's listening, or if they are, maybe they just can't cook either?

There's an old camping rule: the first one to complain about the cooking does it for the rest of the trip.

"This stew tastes like moose &%$@!! But gooood moose &%$@!!"

:)

neo

Mitch,

never stop compaining about the beans, it is like slapping your forehead, at first it does not hurt but do it for awhile and you will get a headache.

Keep complaining to the cooks, they will either learn to cook or give you a bean enima.

BTW, that gun that management has pointed at you, is full of blanks.

So they have me in their sights, do they? For speaking truth?

Or are you just guessing?

lemme chew on that bit of meat for a while...

First: that's a bullet I'll take if I have to... Truth needs to be told. The bloody Emperor isn't flipping dressed and someone needs to say it!

Secondly: Mmmmm, good beans.

:D

Robert... I think you might have missed it... it's not the beans that one would complain about... They're fine. It's the rest of the meal that tastes like moose droppings. So, the idea is, instead of saying, "This meat is terrible" or whatever, you look at what's not so terrible and say... "Mmmmm, good beans".

As for your BTW... I doubt anyone really has me in their sights, but I can assure you that wouldn't stop me from trying to fix what's wrong.

Cheers,

Mitch

Archived