Jazz F/A Lay-Offs

Guest Peanuts

Guest Peanuts

Good day to all,

Just got of the phone with the head Honcho F/A Supervisor and was told that the Lay-Offs will be starting October NOT September 2003. The number of F/A's affected is still 90.

Peanuts

Guest jzdude

Hi Peanuts

Just wondering who the "head honcho" f/a superviser is? Also did they mention anything about recalls?

Guest Erikj

Hey Peanuts - head honcho supervisor eh? ;)

Anyone wanting a bit more information can contact their Regional Manager, as Peanuts did.

Unfortunately, this is not an appropriate venue for me to comment or confirm any issues as serious as this, nor can I answer any questions in this public forum.

While we wait formalization of the process, I would be happy to discuss the situation with anyone in the western region, via more traditional methods (ie phone/email).

Guest jzdude

Have you not heared about the additional 35 layoffs coming? They are able to lay more of us off, because of the "improvments" in the contract. Also since when are layoffs not an appropiate topic to discuss. This is the best way to get your information across.

Guest Peanuts

Hi jzdude,

Sorry I didn't response sooner, but was called away on a pairing. No, Our Vancouver Based Head Supervisor did not mention anything about another 35 lay-offs. he called me to tell me that I was approved for the reduced block that I had requested. He was sure of the fact that it was 90 F/A's. But you never know with this company. Maybe, they did not tell him everything. I persona;;y really have a lot of respect for him and know that he would NOT tell me a lie. He is one of us and cares about the F/A's. We also talked in great lenghts about this Base trade thing that F/A's are doing, and he fully agreed with me and told me to do something about it. So we are writing a petition and getting as many F/A's to sign it.

Also, I never mentioned that you can not dicuss lay-offs so I am not sure what you meant with the last bit of your posting.

Oh, to answer another quick question of yours.

No, ofcourse he did not metion re-calls if he is granting me a reduced block. He wa thankfull that I asked for one because tha saves at least one job. He is hoping that more F/A's will ask for a reduced block or SLOA's.

One more thing, I don't give out names unless I was given permission to do so and since I never asked him I don't think it is fair to say his name.

You could however ask your immediate supervisor who the head supervisor out in Vancouver is and then you'll know :)

Peanuts

Archived