? for YZ ATC

Guest rvr1200

Yo Dragon - I'm back in my beloved 757 flying out of the UK. I had to leave the country to get a decent flying job.

Very interesting about the new Big Brother listening watch. Couldn't agree with you more - a cash cow that makes photo radar look like a kids koolaid concession.

wjc54@hotmail.com for any more than that!

ATC cannot as a routine ask you to violate noise abatement, only for reasons of safety. If the reason of safety is you clearing the next aircraft for takeoff before the preceding aircraft has commenced his turn then you screwed up. If you are given a clearance that could violate noise abatement it is up to the PIC to comply with all the noise abatement rules, that is why ATC will not say anything - if you bust noise abatement and get caught that's your problem - they never told you to break it - they expected you to comply with all the restrictions of course.

In Vancouver there are many noise monitoring stations all linked to YVR airport ops, in fact they used to have a display up in the terminal showing little red lites flashing when an aircraft triggered a certain threshold of noise.

In YVR turbo-jet aircraft can be assigned a heading of 230 off of Rwy 26 to expedite traffic without violating noise abatement as it takes you out over the water. You can not turn off Rwy 08 in the same situation.

FYI

Archived