What the *new* AC should be?

Guest manwest

I think that powermatic was just taking a bit of a shot at you and V1V2Vgo for suggesting that the tier 3 guys should lose their jobs so that JAZZ pliots can take over their jobs.

Let's hope we can get everybody back working whether at the mainline, JAZZ or Tier 3.

Guest azztech

Well I know its not everywhere and I too have received excellent service but...

I also have been witness to and on the receiving line of some pretty awful behavior on the part CSAs and FAs.I have flown as a regular paying passenger on Canadian and Air Canada and have to say service was better at Canadian.

Thats not say Air Canada's woes are to be blamed on disgruntled employees.Far from it.Then again it takes many more good experiences by a customer to wipe out the one bad one.

Guest Max Continuous

>> you remake your airline to be profitable on all routes, <<

Which was virtually impossible in the past due to something called a government's perception of privatization and free enterprise.

Guest Skirt

Exactly GDR.

Let's all keep our jobs!! I find it a little hypocritical that Jazz is still &%$@! that they think AC mainline stole some of their flying, yet they are willing to do the same thing to the Tier III folks! And for the record, part of who's flying did the Jazz folks (back when they weren't Jazz) take when they first started flying routes for AC...? I don't know, but I do remember as a kid in the 70's and early 80's that it was always the good old AC Diesel-9 coming in and out of Freddy. How about now? (I know, I know, the dash is much more cost effective, I'm just trying to make a point, albeit a weak one!)

John.

GDR,

goingout on a limb here, but is there any way I could e-mail you off the airline website.

I hate for other people to get your private e-mail address but really don't won't want people to know mine.

Interested in talking to you.

JC

Actually, I think you'll find Tango and Jetsgo started the fare war between YYC-YYZ, YVR-YYZ and YVR-YUL. WestJet was forced to match.

WJ didn't match the AC/Tango YUL-YYZ $12 fare though. Or the YYZ-YHZ $39 that Tango instigated.

Guest CleardecksforACTION!

ISkirt- I don't remember too many DC-9s in Freddy, but they did have the 72's going into there for the YYZ run.

Cheerio!

CDFA

I'll bet you I was in and out of Freddy with a DC-9 well over 100 times in my twelve years on the 9. Most fun I ever had with AC.

Powermatic,

Not proud just cost effective, and that's what it's about in this enviroment. The CRJ proposed wages are still higher than entry level 737 skipper wages at WJ.

Guest CleardecksforACTION!

Hi GDR

Did you do the hop around the CFB to/from YSJ on that run?

Cheerio!

CDFA

CFB? It was usually to or from YSJ to YFC. I was YUL based and with were in and out of a lot of stations in the maritimes including YQY, YQM YQI etc. The only other flying that I did that compared with it for fun was the tactical flying on the C130 in the air force.

It sure was a different environment than I have now sitting for hour after hour in the big bus. Not that I'm complaining. :)

Guest M. McRae

Hard to match fares on routes you don't fly or at least so the WJ site shows. :) But I guess that was your point?

Now I understand the question thank to kevenv below. I'd forgotten about that but ya we did have to skirt around the base. Those were sure good times.

Archived