ALPA roadshow

I went to the roadshow and i was very impressed about the pro-active way ALPA took control of the ship. Man, it's very reassuring to have a union with a vision. I'm now convinced about the survival of JAZZ as an entity and it is now clear that ACPA (especially your maple-leaf-tattoed-reps) is one of the most reactive, short-sighted and machiavellian type of union.

Now i'm talking to the AC pilots: Stop the infighting, show humility and respect for the 35 000 other employees; time is running and you do not have any more friends left in the boat... It's never too late to apologize !

p.s. Just watch us running, you won't believe your eyes !

MHC

Ours was accepted and ratified on our behalf.

The choice is this simple - accept the TA or go un unemployment. Dagger (who seems to have a pretty good finger on these things) believes that 24 hours will not pass, after a rejection, before the company starts to be dismantled by the creditors. It is entirely up to them. They are tired of waiting. It is not up to the company. It is that simple.

So, bad work (like sex) is better than none.

Your MEC should sign and get it over with. IMO

But, that ain't gonna happen so I don't know why I bothered.

Guest givemeabreak

Put some pressure on. Phone 2, 3, 4 times a day to your reps, email them constantly, get others on the same trip. And in the worst case: Ever hear of DFR?

Guest ecamaction

Southshore

You mention in your post that your MEC decided on your behalf to ratify your TA. I wonder how you would react if your MEC ratified a TA which negatively impacted your career.

It appears to me that you trust Dagger's opinion more than the collective opinion of your members.

Guest givemeabreak

It wasn't positive. More work (productivity was a joke anyway, so I will give some there); less pay, 141 layoffs still stand, 80+ downgrades still stand. An "intent" to fly some more aircraft all hinging on what another group does due to overlap.

Hmmm, sounds positive to me. Wow I would hate to hear what negative is in your world.

I would say from the start: put a smiley on your face, be positive with your co-workers (not only pilots)and do you know the proverbial " don't wash your dirty clothes in front of everyone" ! It would be a good starter.

Cheers

Guest PortTack

Our MEC and six lawyers recommended our TA.

ALPA's main lawyer, Ken Rosenberg, is one of the best in this business. KR has been on everyside of the fence and has seen bigger places than AC fail.

You have a good point to your post, its evident that the ALPA TA improves the careers of Jazz pilots within two years. The ACPA TA is rumored to be worse and I assume that is why it's going to a vote.

"The ACPA TA is rumored to be worse and I assume that is why it's going to a vote."

No at ACPA ANY change to the contract has to be approved by the membership.

The MEC make recommandation and the membership decide.

Archived