To GDR and neo...

Guest Starman

Guest Starman

We've often been on opposite sides of the debate here, and sometimes the words do get a little heated, but both of you submitted posts down below today that give me a lot of respect for your perspective and show a lot of class as well.

It gives me hope that someday all of us galley slaves will be able to stop fighting over the oars and start pulling in the same direction to get where we want to go. (ie. a good Pub in a far off land where we can get back to talking about women and airplanes and motorcycles and boats etc.)

Cheers! Starman

Starman,

As dragon suggests, there's lots of classy people out there. I'm working at a predominantly Canadian base and I meet them all the time.

I pointed out where I felt your posts came up short, and you reacted positively. It's that kind of response that will help us make the best of this situation. My hat's off to you.

Best wishes,

Richard Roskell

Hi Richard,

Further down the board you replied to a post of mine with the statement:

"You guys slay me.

You wait for the award that you find satisfactory, and then announce how you and everyone else should be stand by it. Waiting until the roll of the dice favors you before endorsing the outcome is moral opportunism."

I take a bit of offence to your inference. Had you not decided to exile yourself from the AC Pilots' Forum you'd have seen this post of mine from May 23/03, long before we started to hear any rumours of a hypothetical result from the Keller panel:

My post was in response to a red pilot. It went:

...once again I'll agree with another of your statements. Or part of it at least.

That'd be: "I am prepared to live with the results"

neo, I think that the "moral opportunist" label you've tarred me with should be applied elsewhere.

mic

Guest Peanuts

"Ouch" neo. That hurt ! Don't put all bad experiences in the same group.

Would like to consider myself very classy too :)

peanuts

Well then Mike, let's put it this way:

To the extent that you've all along, beginning with the Mitchnick arbitration, been saying that you and everyone else should live with the results... that's the extent of your moral credibility on the matter.

If I've underestimated that in any way, then please accept my apologies.

neo

Archived