Mainline & Regional Pilots at AC

Guest neo

Guest 6to8mos

You may want to suggest to your son that your daughter has a better plan; he too should become an FA. It would take him 15+ years to reach the major carrier, and then 10 more years to overtake her pay.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Virtual

Thanks for the answer. Sounds like our plans are similar. However, the youngest will get a degree to back his flying up - which the older one didn't quite finish before he started flying. (Now, with one layoff already under his belt...he's sorry he didn't quite finish up that degree!)

His piano teacher wanted him to pursue a career in music, and his computer science teacher told him he had an excellent future in

programming. If they couldn't talk him out of this flying stuff, he's sure as heck not going to listen to me.

I guess he's just not in it for the money.

Is your youngest at least getting a degree in something that will give him a marketable skill when he gets out? I was glad that both mine chose college over university, not just because I thought it would be more practical, but also because since they were only a year apart in school, they were both affected by the dreaded "double cohort" this year (a fancy name for having twice as many kids vying for post secondary spots, due to the elimination of grade 13).

Hope it all works out for your kids.

Guest Peanuts

Hey cp/fa,

you should suggest them to go into law. Have you heard the......uh...uhm...how much money the ACPA and ALPA lawyers make in just one day ?

"Good God", Wish I had gone into law.

Hope by the time they are ready for their career,

the aviation industry will have become more stable !

Keep talking them into a different creer though :)

Archived