This wednesday...doomsday?

Guest Dash eight

Guest Dash eight

Latest rumor is that wednesday there is a meeting scheduled with the monitor for air canada and that if they do not have a rock solid plan in hand by then then the monitor will ground air canada and its affiliates??

Guest rance

ya, the monitor is going to ground air canada. i'm sure the thousands of customers holding tickets around the world will appreciate that.

Guest The Clumsy Lover

Where do you dream this sh%t up man... for gods sake stop fear mongering. From the Globe and Mail..

Last Friday, Judge Farley appointed Mr. Justice Warren Winkler as a facilitator because he was concerned that the labour talks were moving slowly.

Sources say Judge Winkler has told the airline to prepare a formal proposal to present to its unions next Wednesday in Montreal. The unions would then have a short time to respond.

Judge Farley has often told lawyers involved in Air Canada's proceedings to negotiate harder and faster. But yesterday was the first time he has been so blunt about the repercussions if the restructuring were to fail and said there would be "significant negative effects for Canada" if the job of filling the gap fell to foreign carriers.

Judge Farley also said it would be a "very significant mistake" for management or the unions to see the talks as "labour negotiations."

So to sum it up for you the Judge has appointed Mr. Winkler and his big stick to get ready to solve the problem for all parties if they don't get their collective crap together. He has given the company till Wednesday to give the plan to the unions and it is then up to them to bring the numbers within the box. He doesn't care how they do it, just get the numbers to fit and have all parties stop dragging their buts. Like he said it would be a big mistake to consider this negotiations. In my opinion he is basically saying solve the problem now or I will have my guy solve it for you and then no one is going to be happy..

Guest jimmy

No, no. The LATEST rumour is that on Wednesday Westjet, realizing that they are causing Air Canada difficulty, will stop flying as a "good will" gesture.

That's about as likely as your rumor.

Give your head a shake!

Guest Kilo Mike

Defcon.

The explaination given to ACPA members made sense, and I for one think that it is a good thing. Stand by for further..........

KM

ps...still planing on counting the 300 mil?

Guest PortTack

He sure sugar coted what really happened in your ACPA update......glad he doesn't represent me. (what is 300 mil mean?)

Guest Kilo Mike

"sugar coted what really happened " ..( pst it's spelled coated. )

Oh really? I guess you were present, or are you basing this little tidbit on the illustrious Jazz MEC's perspective. Last I heard..The meetings were behind closed doors and ACPA's was done without the other groups present.

Guest PortTack

"pst it's spelled coated" -thanks Pops.

As for your other comment, lets hold off and talk in a few days.

Archived