Thanks-- - - - - ACPA

So there we were, all dressed up in our best costumes and, as advertised, treated to a great evening. Last night, in Toronto, ACPA held its annual “retirement” party for all pilots that reached that magic age during the past 12 months.

It should be pointed out that all costs for this function were covered by ACPA, not one cent was taken from the Company’s coffers. A special “thank-you” to cpfa and her husband, (the MC ….he actually wore a skirt), who made us relative new comers to AC feel like a real part of the family. Imagine, actually having a “retired” F/A serve me a piece of B-day cake and groping me while leering at the camera, with Scuba 02 sitting there ….not saying a word……... It was a quiet ride back to the hotel:$

Met some very interesting individuals at the festivities, many of whom I wished I could have had the chance to share the cockpit. On behalf of myself and Scuba 02, to all those in ACPA who had a part in organizing and hosting the bash….a heartfelt “ Thank you !! “ .

You say groping, I say looking for spare change. ;)

Glad you enjoyed the evening. It was great seeing you again, and finally getting to meet Scuba 02.

I had a good time too - so good I made the crucial error of trying to keep up with the EPA contingent toward the end of the evening. I feel fine today though, as long as I don't try to move, and no one around me talks louder than a whisper. :s

You’re young you can take that kind of self inflicted abuse.

When we arrived back at our hotel we were surprised to see there must have been about 50 cheerleaders running around. Apparently in Toronto for a competition. We bunked near the top of the hotel, so no problem re-noise so went to bed and ..….well “Happy B-day to me… Happy B-day to me”…:$anyhow at about 1:00AM the fire alarm went off and we could even hear the screaming all the way up on the 11th floor. Naturally a false alarm, kids probably pulled it, but it was a wild way to end a G-r-e-a-t- nite. :):):):)

Archived