Carty for AC????

Cargo Agent

Just one question for all you in favour of this.

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FLIPPING MINDS?

The guy LIED to the employee's. Is your blind hatred of Milton clouding your though processes that much?

Put me down as a NO vote on that one folks, just in case I didn't make it clear.

:)

Big step backward? I guess that's your inferiority complex kicking in again. He was this close to taking the job in 1991 - Claude Taylor wouldn't give up the full-time chairman's position. But he was most interested. Carty is a Toronto/Montreal native, who still has a summer home in Gatineau. Most of his siblings are in Canada. His children are back in Canada (he is divorced and remarried).

Air Canada might be a nice way to redeem himself, and Carty has no problem with the government. But he does have a big credibility problem with the financial community now, let alone employees.

The CIBC and GE money is DIP financing to get the airline beyond July while restructuring is undertaken. This does not involve equity. It is new debt in the case of CE, and a supplier agreement with a large pre-payment in the case It doesn't preclude new investors coming into the picture. I think Texas Pacific or others will be offering equity capital once the formal restructuring plan starts to take place. Of course, the SARS scare may cause investors to adopt a wait and see approach.

I like DJC a lot and think he would make a great CEO for AC. Just don't think its in the cards. No inferiority complex here, sorry. Carty did work for AC in the 70's. I have followed Carty's carreer since 1985 and have been very impressed. As you know Milton is a CEO watcher and always knows what Carty is up to. I have had business and a little social contact with DJC over the years. Chatted with him at a Dallas Stars hockey game in Dallas in 95 and he loves to talk airline, as I do. Even had a chance to meet and converse with Crandal at an AGM. Met brother Doug on occassion, he has done well also. My spouse worked in the same firm as Dougs wife in YYC a few years ago and are aquainted. So all I am saying is you are not telling me anything new about Carty.

Appreciate your input though. Thanks.

Archived