AA: Carty out, bankruptcy looms

dagger

Has management tried to improve things in the past two years?

My, my, we are charitable. Notwithstanding that the past two years have been the most difficult for international air travel since World War II, a lot seems to have changed at AC. Some of it is for the better, some not. In 2000, things were pretty dysfunctional for a while.

Are you telling me there hasn't been a dramatic improvement in OTP the past 18 months?

Are you telling me that products like Tango aren't an improvement? I can tell you from my perspective as a consumer, that they have.

I love the upgrades to the AC website, the great new websites for Tango and Zip and the new Aeroplan website. I booked an Aeroplan reward online and circumvented all of the issues involved in booking through a call centre.

By and large my flights are pleasant experiences. I am one of the vast silent majority of passengers who don't have a bad thing to say about the airline - although I do have a few bad things to say about the GTAA.

I am impressed with the application of Six Sigma and how it is saving money.

I'm sure things can be done a lot better. AC is far from perfect, but your relentless negativism blinds you to a rational discussion of what has been done and what has to be done.

What your argument seems to boil down to is, "My hands are clean, it's all somebody else's fault".

Like Judge Farley said, it's time all parties recognize that they have contributed to AC's perilous situation. You can continue to point fingers but I can't see how it helps your situation one tiny bit.

Guest Virtual

Ah, yes. I think Zipped does like to

point a finger ... but neglects to take

responsibility for the rest of his fingers that

point back at him... one being that his poisonous attitude is making many of us sick.

Virtual....this is a discussion forum. Some posters may not agree with my opinion. My opinions may differ from yours, thats fine. If you are feeling sick its not my attitude that is making you feel that way. Have confidence in Miltons plan and I'm sure you will start to feel better. If not see a Dr.

Guest Virtual

Actually, if there is a preponderance of a

bad attitude/negative advertising...that tends to bring down morale. You often seem to criticize Milton for this but don't seem to recognize that you might have the same trait that you supposedly see in him. It's kind of that 'cup is half empty instead of half full' approach. Constructive criticism is great ... but the important part is the constructive part ...not a destructive approach.

(Yes..it's true. My doctor thinks I suffer from optimism. He hopes it's contagious.)

I feel that a lot of the negative advertising is justified, why would it exsist? On the other hand I am not offended by the negative press so I don't suffer from low morale. Some of my criticism has been constructive and some not. Sometimes you have to be frank and to the point to get your message across. Why beat around the bush. I'm really not into diplomacy.

So, the bottom line is I think, we all want AC to survive and I think it will. It is completely out of our hands anyway. This is just a chat forum to exchange ideas and information. ILLIN and CHILLIN just like Bob Dylan.

Archived