AA: Carty out, bankruptcy looms

dagger

Guest ex-SkyGeek

Honourable thing? LOL Like he had a choice in the matter. The BOD ousted him today. Buh-bye.

On the other hand, he was at the helm of the worlds largest airline and as luck would have it, will not be titled as the man who lead the airline into bankruptcy when it finally declares - possibly as soon as Monday. I don't envy Arpey right now!

Carty will be snaffled up by some other airline soon, if that's what he still wants to do.

IMHO,

Jason

Guest Virtual

Perhaps it takes more courage to stay

and work toward a solution....than to

walk away. Let's hope the unions have the courage to also work toward a solution.

Guest Airmail

"Honorable thing"? You gotta be kidding! One Board member, former U.S. Senator and now University of Oklahoma President David Boren went into today's Board meeting seeking to fire Carty. Do you honestly think he had a choice in the matter?

This is a guy who -- in one single act -- undid a consensual restructuring of the labor agreements at the world's largest airline! The BOD had to fire his a$$ to salvage any faint hope of avoiding Chapter 11.

As for "wonderboy", you'd better hope he doesn't resign because if he did, you would automatically see $1.05 billion go up in smoke and you'd have to panhandle to pay for fuel not to mention your per diem...

Guest flyersclub

had a great chat at lunch with an old crony yesterday about your identity and now think maybe i know you .... hmmm ... thanks for the haircut note but as you know i got one already at cdn, cheers!

I sure hope not! Carty was the guy who ridiculed Milton for starting up ZIP and then tried to copy him a year and a half.

I sure hope not! Carty was the guy who ridiculed Milton for starting up ZIP and then tried to copy him a year and a half later.

We need somebody who can think outside the box and Milton has proven he can do that.

Milton does not have a solution to AC's problems. He has proven than already. Look at the mess AC is in. He has no regard for morale at his company. The customer has givin up on him. The Gov't dislikes him very much. He has over stayed his welcome.

>>He has over stayed his welcome.<<

Why bother with that tack, man?

Mr. Milton is in. There is absolutely no sense in changing captains at this point of the storm. The financiers are on side with Mr. Milton. We have to hang on until there is some clarity. Once there are calmer waters there may be time to think about such issues. Until then, get off that topic because Mr. Milton is at the helm. You are wasting brain power ragging on that subject.

...imo!

JW

Guest Virtual

You don't seem to have the solution for AC's

problems and you are certainly not that big on building up the morale there, either. However, I guess, that's your whole point of writing like you do.

If the big $ wants him there...great. They at

least put their $ where their mouth is. Your

mouth doesn't seem to be backed up by anything but criticism.

I am like the Scarlet Pimpernel. They seek him here, they seek him there, those W.H.O. Bureaucrats seek him everywhere. Is he in Ottawa, is he in Hull, that damned elusive Pimpernel.

Listen man, I don't care what airline you work for or what cronies buy you lunch. Most people who think they know me are wrong. But if in these particularly stressful times it gives your life meaning to try and out me, be my guest.

However, I will always deny any post about my identity. If you were actually right, rest assured that the essence of what I have always said here is true: I am not, and have never been, an employee of an airline, though I have on occasion got to know a couple really well as an outsider through business and investment dealings. Nor have I been an employee of Transport Canada or NavCan or any such related agency. Nor am I a shareholder of any airline right now. I do not work for an airline supplier either, or an airport. I have made some good friends in the industry and I do collect Aeroplan points. I own a Chrysler Sebring and I am a Toronto Raptors fan which happens to mean I live in Toronto, where I am proud to say one of the most effective and succinct front page newspaper headline ever was written here this week

BOO

WHO

Have a nice day.

If Milton can rescue this company I will be the first to commend him. I, and many of his employees are not impressed so far. Calmer waters are what is needed for sure, but how do you stop this arrogant man from splashing in the in the puddle.

Guest George

You are wasting brain power ragging on that subject.

Zapped wastes bandwidth with every post he makes....

He has one theme only in his repetoire.

You keep coming back to this arrogant, arrogant, arrogant, business.

Who are you, Clive Beddoe

I think Milton has done a great deal to moderate the way he expresses himself.

He speaks a great deal less to external audiences and the media.

How many years does someone have to behave differently before you change your view of him? Three years? Thirty?

Milton may not have the plan. He may have to be replaced. Only time will tell. But the arrogant thing is wearing pretty thin.

From where I sit, YOU are more arrogant than Milton. Maybe you see something of yourself in him, I don't know.

I, like many AC employees have had informal discussions about AC's problems. The employees do know what the problems are. We see on a daily basis what could be improved. Has management tried to improve things in say, the last two years. NO. Turned a blind eye in my opinion. Big time denial is all I would hear. "I work for Air Canada, the best run airline in the world".

Again, if Milton can resuce AC, great. I'm just not convinced.

Clive and Milton are two very different models of CEO's. Very different in my mind. Two very different products as well. Milton is still locked in the old school full service mainline airline mentality. He is trying to change that , but I believe in the begining he wanted to grow AC into becoming a AA or UA. That thinking has now changed drastically. He does have a difficult job a head of him.

Lots of posters on this forum have been critical of Milton and AC. I am not offended when posters criticize my postings, these are my opinions, you don't have to agree with them.

I will try and refrain from using the word arrogant again if it will make you happy!!!!

Archived