For Milton Bashers

Cargo Agent

All of you have posted why Milton needs to go, but I haven't seen too many names put forth to replace him.

Hindsight is 20/20, and that is all you are viewing. Where were all the calls to replace him when things didn't look so god-awful. Judging by the posts here, he is not, nor has he ever been the man for the job.

Perhaps we should have gone after the head of AA, or UA, or US, or Delta. Haven't you people noticed, almost EVERY major in the world is in trouble or heading that way. Some off-shore are isolated to some degree, but the writing is on the wall. What happens to the European carriers when the NA carriers restructure as lowcost? They will be forced to follow suit, then the Asian carriers will do the same, followed by all the other majors. The WJ and SW of the world have changed the game.

In my opinion Milton has been doing pretty well in an unbelievably trying time.

If someone out there can find the "Saviour of the Airline Industry" bring him on. Until then, I'll trust in Milton.

CA

I can't believe you have bought into his B.S. management style. Speak to your IAM senior reps, they can easily point to his faults. You want me to name someone who could take over in a minute and turn this company around. I could name several including Bonzo the monkey. How about Paul Brotto????? Good start.

You talk about B.S. management style, and then name someone from that same management.
Surely Brotto must have some say in how the place is run, or is Milton omnipotent ruler of all he surveys?

You've obviously got a hate on for Milton, hence the Bonzo comment. Please explain why you think Brotto would do better.

I think the employees like Brotto. He doesn't have Miltons arrogance. He has been around a long while, pre and post Crown Corp. I just don't think we would be in this mess if someone other than Milton was in charge. AC had many problems before the Milton pre merger era. Milton is too re-active. We could have avoided CCAA if there had been the correct action a year ago or more. How much money went into the start up of ZIP???? What are the start up costs of YUL/Beruit? Most new routes do not make money for quite some time.

How much money went into the start up of ZIP???? What are the start up costs of YUL/Beruit? Most new routes do not make money for quite some time.

You think not spending that money would have kept you out of CCAA? That's crazy! Zip - seven aircraft last year. YUL Beirut. Is it operating yet? Any costs incurred would be a drop in the bucket. Besides, it might actually make money. Is anyone else flying to Beirut?

Listen, there may be some profound things you can assure Milton of doing, but if these are your best examples...

Archived