alpa and tier3

Guest tbaylx

Guest tbaylx

In a beautiful twist of irony, ALPA decides to undercut current tier 3 wages, GDO's and work rules at Georgian in an attempt to capture TIER 3 flying.. Correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't it the ALPA guys crying not to long ago that tier 3 "cheapens" the entire industry by undercutting tier 2?? Guess that dosen't apply if its in their interests. Classy touch guys.

Guest erialx

If Jazz can operate "Tier III" flying at a profit - why not. This flying should be under the AC umbrella if profitable and not farmed out.

Guest Nigol

On the east coast the Tier 3 operators are not working out. Many many unhappy customers on the 'Rock'. I have personally talked to some and they want Air Nova back. I tried to explain that we were Jazz now, part of AC, but they still wanted to fly Air Nova...go figure.

If Jazz can bring back the same service to Newfoundland that Air Nova had, Jazz will be operating in the black again. You have to give the people what they want to keep them comming back.

I'm not sure how it works out west with T3 operations.

Guest PortTack

Of course you can; but we haven't seen the ACPA proposal to do the 70 seat market cheaper.
On Tier 3, in the 'Jazz Plan', the pay rates are not lower than the Tier 3, but again, the competition for work comes from the support staff and making a profit on the 19 seat feed flying instead of contracting this out for a CPA. The people who looked at the cost of Tier 3 we're amazed at how much the company was paying for the service and chose to seek out other bids, smart business IMO. Tier 3 may be alarmed, but this could be just another way to give a creditor a haircut, and reduce the amount being paid to the Tier 3 companies. Sorry to tbaylx if I was abrupt, I just woke up and shouldn't have logged on to the AEF 'sandbox' before the morning coffee.

Guest PortTack

PPS- To ACPA pilots: Sorry to hear about the ACPA layoff numbers this morning....all former tastless jabs aside, it sucks, I'm laid off after this summer too.

May we all be sharing the sky again some day.

.......This coffee makes one so mushy.

That may or may not be true. However, should Tier 3 begin risk sharing on some or all routes it will be almost impossible for Jazz to reduce its costs to be competitive. Pilot pay scales are essentially irrelavent when you look at the other costs involved.

In either case, it will be interesting to watch.

Archived