AC BOD RESIGNATION=AC LIQUIDATION?

Guest Stealth

Guest Stealth

Is this the way AC Board of Directors handles crisis management?

Just imagen, in the name of safety, what would happen if a pilot gave up while managing a crisis under the worst circumstances?

Air Canada pilots have an excellent record, and are well trained at handling all kinds of situations under enormous pressure, and being successful. The record speaks for itself.

The BOD should learn a lesson or two from the pilots.

AC should stop ipso facto playing the dangerous stalling tactic of providing ACPA with inaccurate information, thereby slowing the process with lenghthy revisions.

This is not a game, and certainly not for people that their biggest fear is losing control. This is extremely serious business, and the livelihood of thousands of people depends on the successful outcome of these negotiations.

Is the government ready for an stampede to the unemployment line?

Guest Mr. Biggells

"Air Canada pilots have an excellent record, and are well trained at handling all kinds of situations under enormous pressure, and being successful. The record speaks for itself."

So do the Jazz pilots. Actually their record is even better. I think that ACPA has been out-manoevered by ALPA, and won't admit it. Time for an eleventh hour deal to save 38000 jobs. I don't think that I would want to be 1 of the 3200 people that ended 35000 livelihoods.

IMHO!

Guest Shamus

"AC should stop ipso facto playing the dangerous stalling tactic of providing ACPA with inaccurate information, thereby slowing the process with lenghthy revisions."

Apparently Stealth, you believe that bankrupt status of this airline is nothing more that a trick by management to achieve gains at the expense of the employees.

For all our sakes, I hope you are right - but I don't think so. Superior Court Judges don't like tricks.

I hope it isn't a cold winter. Burning your Seneca College Diploma doesn't make for much heat. :))

Guest Mtc.

Will there ever come a day when anyone at ACPA admit that they may not always be right ????

That day may be coming sooner than they thought....

Guest Hawkeye

Stealth I thought you might like to know if you don't already, that as we type, the Board of Directors are in a telephone conference discussing about resigning.

If they decide to do so, It has been reported that Air Canada will probably be Liquidated in the morning!!!

Let's see how well ACPA can manage that crisis because you have not impressed anybody ( AC management, Monitors Earnest & Young, The Judges and etc... ) but yourselves.
Eight Unions at AC Mainline & Jazz identified a crisis and resolved it by working with the parties involved.

So let me get this straight, eveybody else is wrong: The judges, the various unions, management, the media & Earnest & Young.

Only ACPA pilots are right and have all infinite wisdom & knowledge that is only reserved for GOD! AH, but you are the GOD's that we all bow down to.

If I recall correctly, resignations by members of the BoD of a company are almost a standard operating procedure under the relatively new CCAA. The new rules can hold directors financially responsible on a personal basis should the company be declared insolvent. Recall the resignation of the CAI board well before the takeover by AC. And of other companies since the inception of the Act in the early nineties.

Although it's been labelled "rats deserting a sinking ship", it's really totally understandable that a directorship shouldn't mean losing one's personal belongings. Albeit that's what can happen to the employees once there is no more company!

Good luck, everyone.

Guest Hawkeye

Well said & informative, however, would the Board of Directors have possibly stayed on if ACPA had come to some form of an agreement?

All unions onboard showing unity would give the Board & Management something to present to the Creditors. A mandate if you will, to indicate our serious commitment to help & do whatever it takes to keep AC going.

ACPA's actions & attitude towards the Judges is unbelievable in the eyes of most who have a stake in all of this.

So far all the other unions have taken major hits, 100's if not 1000's wil be laid off. To this date, ACPA refuses to allow even 1 of it's members to be laid off.

After both Judges meet tommorow, they will either implement their own solution or go back to the Earnest & Young and ask what do you want us to do, My guess is that they will ask for the keys! Got to make those payments or else...

Guest Stealth

Shamus,

With all due respect, please allow me to disagree with your assumption of what I apparently believe. My comments were in reference to the negotiations process, and not to the bankrupt status of the airline. The numbers speak for themselves. That information is being disseminated all over the media.
Assuming mistakenly again, I've never had the pleasure of even visiting the prestigous Seneca College.
Don't worry about making bonfires for the winter, somebody famous once said "You have nothing to fear, but fear itself." Cheers

Good questions, but as an outsider, I can't offer any opinions on AC's internal politics. (I know that's out of character on this forum... ;) )

What I do think will happen inevitably given the failure of the CCAA process, i.e. protection from creditors is removed, the Feds will legislate an agreement. Possibly even revoke ACPA's charter.

I don't think people should take AC's private corporation status for granted. Nor the status of any certified bargaining unit. The Feds are still very much involved in their respective futures.

In my outsider's opinion!

Again, best of luck to all involved. Principles can be a costly thing. I know first hand.

Archived